I have tiny blisters on my hand and it is spreading HELP

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rosemarie, Apr 20, 2007.

1. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

I get this rash on my hand just below the palm of the hand ,it starts with tiny blisters forming and popping and then my skin will peel off and eventually it will start to grow new skin and stop. But I don't know what it is? Why does this happen as if I don't have enough problems I now have a hand that itches and my skin has blisters on it that will soon pop and then it will peel off.

I don't want to have this any more .Who do I need to see for treatment of this problem? I can't take it happening again as it hurts when the skin drys and gets caught on my colthes and pulls off or rips off.

What should I do and has any one else had this kind of rash? Is this just one more fun thing that I will keep getting from my fibro? or is it some thing different? Who knows. I need some help asap.
    ~HUGS~
    Rosemarie
  2. Bunchy

Bunchy New Member

This is a type of exzema - it can be treated with a simple steroid cream.

I have had it very badly in the past.

Don't worry - show your doctor and he will give you some cream.

Love Bunchy x
  3. Reidsbeads

Reidsbeads New Member

I had this happen to me when I was working at a convelscent hospital. I would wear the gloves they had and it made blisters on my fingers then it would dry up and go away and soon enough it was back.. I started using
    synthetic gloves and it stopped. Maybe your allergic to soomething you put on your hands try to find out. In the meantime I believe my doc gave me elavil for it. good luck.

TAM
  4. Reidsbeads

Reidsbeads New Member

I had this happen to me when I was working at a convelscent hospital. I would wear the gloves they had and it made blisters on my fingers then it would dry up and go away and soon enough it was back.. I started using
    synthetic gloves and it stopped. Maybe your allergic to soomething you put on your hands try to find out. In the meantime I believe my doc gave me elavil for it. good luck.

TAM
  5. discoverygal

discoverygal New Member

Hi Rosemarie,

My husband has the same thing. He went to a dermatologist and was diagnosed with plantar postulosis. He has a cream prescription, halobetasol propionate, he uses that clears it up. He looked it up on the web and found it can get very bad and painful, developing on the soles of feet also.

gentle hugs

~danette
  6. ritatheresa

ritatheresa New Member

Some of the symptoms even sound like shingles to me.

I wouldn't be surprised in some instances.

I definately don't want to make you worry, you should definately go see a dermatologist, they should know what's going on.

Take care, Rita
  7. TXFMmom

TXFMmom New Member

ECzema occurs in many forms, but what you describe sounds very much like one form of it.
  8. chloeuk

chloeuk New Member

Palmo planter pustulosis...basically a form of psoriasis, you only get it on your hands and feet..you can get it all over but that is called generalised pustular psoriasis and is life threatning..you are at no greater risk of getting that because you have it on your hands.

You need to see a dermatologist as soon as you can, if you get it under control early then it should be ok, beware of strong steroid creams like dovobet, they work but when you stop you get a rebound effect and it worsens the original condition in most cases.

I had ppp for 2 years and eventually ended up on an immune suppresant drug because I was literally unable to wash, walk, cook or basically do anything with my hands and feet, I have been in remission for over 2 years now.

I am more than happy to give you any info and ways to help deal with it, I also use a forum for psorasis which helped so much.

best wishes
    Chloe
  9. happycanuk

happycanuk New Member

I had this happen after being in a car accident. The dematologist said it was a form of psoriasis. I got some cream for it, and it finally went away. That was over 5 years ago. It started in the middle of my hand and spead across the whole palm (both hands).
  10. spacee

spacee Member

You have alot of suggestions. Here is my sisters. She has a stubborn dermatitis that even a dermatologist couldn't get rid of. So, she found Banana Boat After Sun with Aloe. The Aloe is the important part.

Hope something helps!!

Spacee
  11. Empower

Empower New Member

Have you been checked for hand, foot and mouth disease?

Only reason I ask is that my sister was recently diagnosed for this

Worth a shot?
  12. ClaireDobie

ClaireDobie New Member

Just thought that I have it too. Couldn't find original thread but there is another informative thread on pro health. It is worse when cfs at worst. (27 years on and off). It does make you wonder if this is another clue. For the record my cfs started with chicken pox. Best wishes.
  13. JewelRA

JewelRA New Member

I have had this for years. It is very frustrating. There are different theories as to the cause - immune system, fungal infection, allergic reaction. The only thing that keeps it in check for me is topical steroid creams. I try not to use them continuously, though. Also, trial and error to find out what hand creams, lotions, soaps, etc. will make it better or worse. I have to avoid anything with fragrance or alcohol. I use disposable and non-disposable vinyl gloves during a lot of household tasks.

Recently, I have noticed a correlation with how much sugar I eat, particularly chocolate, and when I have worse breakouts. Some swear by a gluten-free diet, but I haven't gone that far yet.

Good luck.
  14. HeavenlyRN

HeavenlyRN New Member

.....while I certainly wouldn't tell you that you have a certain problem, I can tell you that my husband had something similar to what you describe. The blisters would come out of nowhere, pop within 24 hours, drain, then the skin where the blister was would eventually slough off.

We went to a derm. who took a biopsy. He has something called "Sweet's Syndrome." It's rare (he also has Cushing's Syndrome) and has to be diagnosed by biopsy. Luckily, it hasn't resurfaced in almost 1.5 years.

I would see a dermatologist.

Good luck

[This Message was Edited on 05/09/2010]
  15. RedStang

RedStang New Member

I have something simliar. Mine doesn't sound as bad as yours, the bumps are flesh colored and VERY tiny. But they have clear fluid in them when I pop them. I have done some research and I think that mine is either some sort of virus or a vitamin deficiency. Good luck to you.
  16. Haygr

Haygr New Member

I had this same issue and would flare after a bout of migraines and or my immune system is compromised. My doctor thought it was a form of shingles(herpes zoster). I tried multiple items, and the cream makes them go away faster, but does not prevent them. Thanks for posting this, as I thought I was the only one with this issue.
    [This Message was Edited on 05/12/2010]
  17. ginger1073

ginger1073 New Member

Had same thing for years; cleared up with Acyclovir, and only returned when my generic acyclovir was changed, and it broke through again; maybe a herpes virus?