I have to be away for a while...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kathleen12, Feb 6, 2008.

1. Kathleen12

Kathleen12 New Member

I'm sorry for the threads that I dropped, but it's been a little tougher time this go around.

Went to E.R. yesterday and they said all is normal. In spite of a blood pressure of 218/126 and pulse of 142. Of course that was on my home monitor and I was walking around at the time. But they only pacified me by checking my BP while just standing up. They ran blood gases, blood tests and did an ECG and all were normal. Oh well....It was even quite noticable that I was out of breath because the nurse insisted on my having a wheelchair and every one kept asking if I was ok.

But the worst was I got a call today and learned that my favorite cousin/best freind and our other cousin was found murdered this morning. So I'll be out of pocket for a few days. I'm ok, just deeply saddened.

2. monica33flowers

monica33flowers New Member

I'm so very sorry for your loss! I'll be sending you positive thoughts and lots of prayers. You have my deepest sympathy.
  3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

can Kathleen. Hope you feel better. What terrible news about your friends.

A big, gentle hug.

4. laceymae

laceymae New Member

So sorry for your loss. This must be so devastating for you and your family.

Will be praying for you and your family

5. SPR30

SPR30 New Member

My heart goes out to you. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. We will be here for you when you are able to return.
  6. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

Hang in there girl. We will all be here when you need us, that's alot of emotional stress to deal with.

Sorry about your cousin/friend.

Prayers, and a huge hug!!

7. lgp

lgp Well-Known Member

How terribly sad for you and your family. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.
    [This Message was Edited on 02/07/2008]
  8. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

What happened???? I am so sorry...for the loss, the shock, the sadness.
    I am glad that all was 'normal' with your tests.
    Please know you are in our thoughts and prayers. When you need some support, please check in. In the meantime, take care of what you need to, most importantly yourself.
  9. momof471

momof471 New Member

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. I know you are stressed because of your condition and then the loss adds so much more. Don't forget to take care of yourself. You are in my prayers.

God Bless
  10. budmickl

budmickl New Member

I hope you are doing well. You must take care of yourself first.

My thoughts are with you.

11. boltchik

boltchik New Member

That is just so terrible. I am deeply saddened that you and your family are going through this. It's hard to imagine what all of you must be going through, but please know that our thoughts and prayers are with you. I pray for peace for you and your family and that your health is okay.

Come talk to us when you are able to. God be with you, Kim
  12. jmq

jmq New Member

So sorry for your loss! I will be praying for you and your family. Take the time to take care of yourself. We will be here when you need us...

13. Kathleen12

Kathleen12 New Member

I'm just dropping in for a minute to thank you all for such kind and supportive words of comfort.

The funeral date hasn't been set as of yet and the murders are still under investigation. This was a very small town and the police stated that they can't remember when the last murder happened there.

My cousin was a wonderful, kind soul who always looked after the underdogs. She did not do drugs or run with those circles at all. And her nephew (my second cousin) never did either to my knowlege. Yet they were murdered still. Why???

When Anita and I were wee little ones, we were inseprable. I remember fondly the days when we would bathe together in an old wash tub in the back yard...LOL. As we grew up, I was quiet and unpopular but she was the "it" of school. But she always made sure that I was ivolved in her social life and was very patient and understanding when I preferred to be alone. She sang for several years with a gospel group and made a solo record. We went bowling, skating, to movies and I went to her music rehersals. She was my best friend.[This Message was Edited on 02/08/2008]
  14. boltchik

boltchik New Member

Your story reallly touched me. I wish that your best friend and cousin did not leave this earth in such a manner, it seems so unfair. I only hope that God gives you peace in knowing that they are safe now and happy. You are very lucky to have such fond memories, how great that you shared such a closeness. It sounds like the two of you were truly the best of friends.

My heart and thoughts go out to you today. I am saying a prayer for you and your family. Take good care of yourself. Hugs, Kim :)