I have to give notice to another job............

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kellygirl, Aug 20, 2006.

1. kellygirl

kellygirl Member

due to the Fibromyalgia. Until I get my home-based business going, I work in home-health. I quit an agency because of the running around with gas prices and wanting to stay with just one client. So, I did find someone.

But, he is a stroke pt. and does not exercise. So, I am doing 50% of the lifting. His family thinks that he is no problem to assist in the transfers. They do not have fibromyalgia. Eventually, I will be required to push him in a w/c to PT. I need to get out of the situation now. I had a pt in a w/c on deep carpeting and it hurt. I have regressed badly with the pain and fatigue.

I have not been receiving muscle therapy because my therapist has been negligent in sending my insurance in. I told them I will not be back until I receive some of my insurance money back.

I hate to have to face this family when I give my notice on Monday. They are already stressed and are not going to appreciate it at all.

Just venting. People without these disorders have no clue what it feels like. That is why I come to this board. You know. Thanks for listening.......................Patti
  2. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

you'll be able to get your home business off the ground. Sounds like it is time and I think you did the right thing in giving notice. It's not worth ruining what health you have left. Terri
  3. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Kellygirl:

Let them all know that they can go to h*ll. Do what is best for your health.

That is pretty basic and a step closer to feeling better.

No, I am not saying you should quit or not quit: only that in doing the best for yourself is what counts, not what other people think. Good luck.

nyrofan
  4. kellygirl

kellygirl Member

I know what I have to do. I should be use to it by now, I always have to make these choices with my limitations.

It is hard being a grown-up, isn't it? LOL
  5. kellygirl

kellygirl Member

if we did not need $$$$$$$$ to live!!!!!! S-T-R-E-S-S!!!
  6. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

and i know how difficult it is to say no.....

i even signed up for the county here...so i could pick up extra money...but my car is on the brinks...and i have had surgery in both shoulders...read my bio too much to type...

hgus

jodie
  7. misskoji

misskoji Member

I totally understand what you're going through. As a former caregiver, I know how hard it is mentally and physicaly even without the fibro. And it is so hard to come to terms that you can not do this work without compromising your own health.

You're right, if only they could understand how it is for you. As cruel as it sounds, don't you wish you could just trade bodies with them for a while, so they could understand?

I understand their frustration as well. It's a stressfull time for them trying to make sure thier loved one has the best care possible. But most of all, you know your limits. You have to take care of yourself hun.

My advise is just be respectfull and honest to the family. If they lash out at you, it's because they have their best interests in mind for their loved one, and they are stressed. Try to understand that, but don't compromise your dignity in the process. Am I making any sense or just babbling on (giggle)

Hope everything goes smoothly.

Hugs,
    Deanna
  8. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I'm a cancer patient now who had logged many days in the hospital, and believe me, I see how hard nurses work! It is very physical work, and I am very appreciative for all my nurses do.

I, too, hope you can get your home-based business going so that YOU can set the terms. You know your own health & limitations best.

Good luck & I hope things go well for you!

Pam
  9. kellygirl

kellygirl Member

I am here today and told the son what I need to do and so far he is ok with it..........thanks again!

Now, to find another job!