I have to go for Glucose tolenance test tomarrow..3 hrs...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Carlacat, Nov 3, 2002.

1. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

Gosh I cant have anything to eat or drink after 8:00 pm tonight and have to be there at 8:0am in the morn. I've never had this type of test done but from what I've read its testing my sugar. I'm gonna be a thursty girl.....I hope I dont have sugar....gosh I dont need that right now but I guess my neuro wants to rule it out because of my neuropathy. Wish me luck..I'll be dreaming of water..LOL
    Carlacat
  2. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

Gosh I cant have anything to eat or drink after 8:00 pm tonight and have to be there at 8:0am in the morn. I've never had this type of test done but from what I've read its testing my sugar. I'm gonna be a thursty girl.....I hope I dont have sugar....gosh I dont need that right now but I guess my neuro wants to rule it out because of my neuropathy. Wish me luck..I'll be dreaming of water..LOL
    Carlacat
  3. selma

selma New Member

My prayers will be with you. You'll make it!!!
  4. teach6

teach6 New Member

When I have had similar tests done I was told to fast for 12 hours, but I could still drink water. I can't imagine that it makes a difference, but I certainly don't want you to mess up because of me. Might be a good question to ask in the future.

Barbara
  5. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

Gosh it took forever. No I couldnt drink anything or eat anything and I couldnt smoke either. I got there at 7:50 am and finally left at 12:45pm with sore arms cause they stuck me with a needle 4 times. But I lived and glad its done and over. I felt so sorry for the little kids that came in and had to have blood drawn..they cried..it was so pitiful. Of course I couldnt take my meds this am including my zoloft so it mad big tears come to my eyes. Then I came home and turned tv on and watched soap Bold and Beautiful and cried my eyes out. Geezzhhh
    Carlacat