I have to laugh or else I'll cry!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by loto, Oct 6, 2009.

1. loto

loto Member

I hope none of you find this offensive, keep in mind I'm making fun of myself and not others who have the "jerks" problem that goes along with my FM.

I have the "jerks" so BAD today that all I can do to keep from crying about it is make fun of myself! I'm calling myself a TOTAL SPAZ! I don't remember these muscle jerks being this bad. And, I have bigger bags under my eyes today. So, now I'm a "haggy Spaz"!
    LOL, a co-worker of mine (who I share everything with) thinks I've totally lost it!!!
    She "jokingly" is making fun of me too, and I do not care, I know she's just joking and trying to make me feel better!!

Anyway, making fun of myself is really helping me cope today! :)

2. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

What have you tried?
    What has helped?
    What hasn't helped?

It's great to laugh...as long as you aren't crying on the inside.

It could be a GABA deficiency. Low brain GABA levels.
  3. lynncats

lynncats New Member

Not sure about what I'm trying to say but......I've been getting these "jerk" felelings when I'm falling a sleep. All of a sudden I get this feeling of fast movement and my arm or leg will "jerk". I also make fun of myself, DH too, it sorta just keeps us going, LOL.

Take care loto.

[This Message was Edited on 10/06/2009]
  4. zeowa

zeowa New Member

Can GABA deficiency be caused by long-term use of benzos? I have developed this problem as well in the last year and it's a tough nut to crack. After ruling out iron, mag, etc. deficiencies, I'm left to wonder if clonazepam (taken for about 10 years) has impaired my brain's ability to create GABA, which could be causing the problem.

Hope there's some help for this outside of Parkinson's meds!
  5. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

There was an article on ProHealth about us having low brain GABA. Synthetic GABA doesn't cross the Blood-Brain-Barrier (BBB). There is a Pharma grade GABA that makes it using the same probiotic bacteria as in the Korean food KimChi "kim-chee".

Pharma grade GABA or Natural GABA has been helping my anxiety.

A natural source of GABA is fish protien. Fish really is brain food. Mercury is a concern so avoid bottom dwellers, swordfish and tuna. Shrimp and lobster are the "rats and flies" of the waterworld.
    Even Captain Nemo would avoid them....

I read that Methyl B12 can help many nervous conditions. CyanoB12 is synthetic and most of us can't use it. The Jarrow brand was rated 5 stars. MethylB12 can give you a real boost but it might cause a nervous system detox, so take it every 3-5 days like the bottle says. Titrate.

The brain is very "plastic" per Daniel Amen MD, it can adjust and heal.

6. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

I say laugh all ya can! I get the jerks right before falling asleep too - or sometimes right after I've fallen asleep. Sometimes when I'm awake.

I'm laughing at your bags under your eyes - okay not yours - but mind.
    this is my own had to laugh so I didn't cry story. I went to work on a Friday. I worked from home Thurs. My legs hurt pretty badly and no I didn't feel like going, but knew I had to. I got ready and actually thought "hey I look pretty good". Even got into my cute jeans! I got to the office and every one of the girls (before saying hello) said "Oh, you shouldn't be here... you look terrible, " (I know they assumed I was also sick the day before) I kept saying "I'm fine!" I mean they kept saying "you look sick, we don't want to catch it, you really should go home" OVER AND OVER. I kept saying I'm not sick, I wasn't sick! My boss came out and said 'what are you doing here?" after he looked at me HUH? They were actually rubbing my back, like 'are you okay?"

Later I get an email from my boss that night saying "thanks for coming in, you did not look well". I wrote him back "Geez, I felt fine and I thought I looked pretty darn normal!"

BUT man, I guess I looked like crap and had NO idea. Nice to be told at least 10 times!

Laugh laugh laugh!!! Sometimes it's all you can do!