I have to play the funeral on Monday

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Asatrump, Jul 23, 2004.

1. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

Heavenly Father, I ask you give me strength to play the organ for the funeral of my friend Jean. Her death was expected, but she was greatly loved, and it will be difficult for everyone there. Help me Father to play music she would love, do it well, and act like a professional. Let me do my grieving later after my job is done.
  2. Yesh

Yesh New Member

Heavenyl Father,

I ask that you will hear Asatrump's prayer and answer, I also ask that you will provide Asatrump with the strength needed to complete the task assigned. Although Asatrump may be grieving for a friend, I ask that you fill Asatrump with your peace, the peace that passes all understanding, and with joy overflowing.

God Bless you during this difficult time!

Yesh
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

For helping during a time when you are grieving.

I often think of Elton John at Princess Diana's funeral and I don't know how he got through the song.

Love, Mikie
  4. PrayerWarrior316

PrayerWarrior316 New Member

I'm so sorry to hear about the passing of your friend Jean, I will certainly be praying for you and for her family during this difficult time.

Blessings, Judy
  5. Montysmum

Montysmum New Member

I'm sorry your friend Jean has died, did I miss that news ? I am thinking of you & praying you will get through this weekend etc. I know it is going to be hard & I didn't realise when I wrote to say have fun !!
    My thought's & prayers are with you.
    Linda.
  6. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

I will do my best with this funeral, also the choir is singing and a soloist. The music effects me far more than the words spoken, so I will gather all my powers of concentration and get the job done. I can say the words to the "Lord's Prayer" without a problem, but hearing the Mallot music is far more difficult.
  7. dash

dash New Member

May God bless you with the grace and strength to play at your friend's funeral. May your music comfort those who gather to together to remember her.

Della
  8. Yesh

Yesh New Member

to find out how the funeral went on Monday.

God Bless

Yesh