I haven't been here very often in the past few months...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kjfms, Aug 22, 2008.

1. kjfms

kjfms Member

so I thought I would say hello to everyone.

I haven't been doing very well.

My FMS pain is at an all time high, which I never thought possible. It seems everything and I do mean everything is hurting...even my toes for goodness sake!! Big flare is an understatement...

It looks like my residual pituitary tumor is growing again and I am feeling very ill, very depressed and just bad all the way around...sorry for whining.

I am out of work again thanks to missing too many days because of my illnesses.

Well I am just rambling but thanks for listening,

Karen :)

2. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

Thanks for letting us know. I hope you start feeling better soon.

Fibro Hugs,
  3. jewels920

jewels920 New Member

Lighting a candle for you. Well, a tealight. I use contained candles in case brainfog makes me forget about them.

Thinking good thoughts for you.

4. jole

jole Member

I usually post on the chit chat board, but I know you, and am sorry you are feeling so chitty right now. For some strange reason, it seems like a lot of us on the other board have also been having terrible flares lately.

I wonder if it is the weather patterns from the tropical storm? Yet mine started before that also. I understand your pain that seems to be unrelenting and everywhere at once, and all that goes along with it.....the depression, fatigue, etc. that wears a person down until we don't know or care about anything.

You must feel awful having to let your job go because of missed days, but hopefully you can try again...and if not, you just have to put yourself first!!!

Sending up a prayer that you will soon be feeling better. Take good care of yourself ****Jole****
  5. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I'm seldom here either, but happened upon this post tonight, and am so sorry to hear you aren't doing well. When I think of you, I'm always hopeful this pituitary tumor will be a thing of the past (instead of something now getting worse again) and that you'll have a reduction in FM symptoms (not new and stronger ones). You continue to be in my prayers, Karen....I am so sorry you are in so much pain, I pray you get some relief soon.

(((Gentle Hugs)))
  6. gapsych

gapsych New Member

I was wondering where you've been. Glad you got in touch.

Things are really hard for you right now.

I am seding virtual healing thoughts to you.

Take care.

7. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I'm so sorry you're having such a difficult time...we miss you.

What are the docs saying about the tumor?

Are you getting any help for this?

8. findmind

findmind New Member

Poor darling...I'm so sorry you are having such a tough time right now. I hope the dr.s can get you some relief!

Are you considering more surgery for the tumor, or do you have to wait for a while?

How about a little dosage of morphine? Many with FM are being offered it now, and if used correctly, they do very well on it.

Oh, well, just a thought. Miss you, and hope the flare goes away NOW!

Hugs galore,
  9. mezombie

mezombie Member

Dear Karen,

I'm so sorry you're going through all this! The FMS pain is horrible enough without adding the stress of the tumor possibly growing again. It's totally understandable that you're also depressed about it all.

Please be very kind to yourself and do anything you can think of that might at least lift your spirits. You know we are thinking of you and sending you wishes for improvement.

You know how it is with us, we usually cycle out of times like this. It's hard to remember, but it will get better. Hang in there!

10. kjfms

kjfms Member

Thank you all so very much, I hope you know that you well wishes mean the world to me.

I take Lexapro for chronic anxiety and with the permission of my physician I have increased the dosage from 10 mg daily to 15 mg daily. It is my hope that this increase will help me because my depression has never been this bad...

Anyway this too shall pass -- as they always say (whomever they are...LOL).

tee, thank you I am sure I will feel better soon. It is so nice of you to write to me.

jules, I really appreciate you lighting a candle for me. It is so nice.

jole, hey thank you writing to me. I haven't been on the chit chat board for a while. It is odd how this "junk" runs in cycles isn't? Actually I would feel better if I had quit my job but unfortunately I was discharged for missing too many days. Nice to hear from you.

Pam, I hope you are taking good care of you because I know you have been through so much. I am so happy that you did take time out to write to me...it means so much. Thank you friend -- hearing from you brightens my day!!

GA, yeah I just haven't felt like being here for a while and I have missed everyone. Thank you for you healing thoughts.

kjm, thank you for the hug I do appreciate it. I hope you are well.

Nancy, always so nice to talk to you. I have an appointment with my endocrinologist on Wednesday and I am going to gently insists on seeing my neurosurgeon to and I hope that he will agree or I will have to throw a fit...LOL

I am having exactly every symptom that I had when first diagnosed and some blood work that is off. My TSH has gone to <0.01 which it never does, I have Hashimoto's too.

I hope to find out more this coming week. Thank you for thinking of me and hope that you are doing well.

Findmind, hey how are you doing? Ugh, I can't take morphine it makes me deathly ill...LOL However, I do appreaciate the thought. Thanks.

mezombie, you are so sweet to -- I alway enjoy reading your posts. You are right the stress is probably the worst part of it all. Thanks.

Thank you all again and I will keep you posted,

Karen :)