I haven't been on here for awhile but am disappointed by the fighting here

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by bobbycat, May 16, 2010.

1. bobbycat

bobbycat New Member

I have not been on this board for awhile but decided to pop in. In some of the posting I open there is fighting going on between some members like they are in high school. I am disappointed as I come here for information, to get help when I am down and to relief stress as it is nice to be with people that understand me and my illness. This negative stuff is totally stressing me out due to all of the tension. I would love to think that we could get back to the positive as we are here to gain knowledge, help people out that need it when they are going through a bad time, let new people know that we are there for them. I can't imagine what reading some of these post may look like to some of the new people that join it must look like alot of game playing. Sorry to be harsh but I would think the best thing to do is when you do not like or agree with someones post is to just respond in a respectful way or do not respond at all but keep the negative, condoscending remarks out of it. If the other per person cannot keep their response respectful just state I refuse to continue this discussion with you and by doing so the people or person that continue the behavor will find another forum to post at instead of creating problems for people at this one. Some of these people seem to add nothing yet seem to do alot of research to prove people wrong as if they are on a mission and spend most of their time concentration on that instead of concentrating on finding new and helpful things to help people on this board. Also some of the things that are discussed are way off topic they should be in the chat room as they do not have anything to do with FMS/CFS. Wow I wonder if this is the same board I use to go to. Also any negative replies to this post in order to start an argument about this topic will not be responded to as I do not think there is room for argument on this topic your opinion is wanted but I will not be targeted by some of the very people that may be doing this. I would like this board to go back to the board I recognized prior from today one that is informative, kind and thoughtful.
  2. pumkinhead

pumkinhead New Member

You have a very good point. When i came back to the board and saw all the fighting i wrote a similar post. What i learned is at the bottom of post where the reply buttom is you will find
    ignore this user. If you click on that button you will no longer see that persons post as long
    as you are logged in. I found it very empowering.

There are some wonderful people on this board it really is a few that are so mean spirited.

I found some extra nice people on the chit chat (loungers) board. We can talk about our illness and support each other. Please come over and visit us. Jump on in. We have a lot of laughs.

3. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Are you from Minnesota? I grew up near the village of Caledonia in SE MN.

Tried the Phoenix Rising URL. No workee. I agree w/ Patty. The chit chat board
    is a nice place to visit. About my only social life these days.

4. 3gs

3gs New Member

Great post I agree totally.

I've been here for 2yrs and this board has changed so much. Iam relucant to post sometimes. People need to remember others have a hard time spelling and saying things clearly.

be kind
  5. ilovepink4

ilovepink4 Member

I personally think it is entertaining to read the ridiculous fighting. I can't believe how mean some of the people are! And the ganging up on one member is shocking. But, like I said, it is fascinating to see just how bad it will get. it is like a reality show, except it is a reality message board! Too bad we all can't be paid for this like the reality show stars!

The Chit Chat Board is much nicer if you are looking for support.

PS...Rockgor, you are one of my favorite people here because you are so sweet! And I AM from Minnesota!! I bet that is why you are one of my fav's! and that is why you are so nice! :O)[This Message was Edited on 05/19/2010]
  6. luckyman

luckyman New Member

You said it well! I hardly ever log in here anymore because of all the fighting and antics. Sad, beccause I used to like the board a lot.

It seems to have turned into the Jerry Springer show of heath boards, entertaining at times, but rather unhealthy to be around. Perhaps I should use the ignore this user button, but then there is a loss of continuity, and the conversations become disjointed.

There are still lots of good people here, people like FredT, who I owe a good deal of thanks for his posts on statins. I want to personally thank you FredT as I now live with considerably less pain due to your post! That's why I'm here today, to glean whatever positive information I can find.

If you want to check out Phoenix Rising, this link should take you to the forums as it is a copy and paste http://www.forums.aboutmecfs.org/forum.php If for some reason it doesn't work, just google phoenix rising forum. My name is Woody over there. Stop by and say hello. Good bunch over there!
    [This Message was Edited on 05/20/2010]
  7. Misfit101

Misfit101 New Member

Things have really been nice around here lately...cant we just keep it that way?
  8. Debra49659

Debra49659 New Member

They are very kind there don't misunderstand. But I suffer with FM as a primary dx, and the site offers more information on CFS/ME.

I look to this site as a family with all the love, support, bickering, well I accept all that abounds on this site, the good, the bad, and the ugly:)

Sometimes threads do turn into a train wreck...I forget already who posted this but it made me snicker:)

If I find a thread that offends me I just avoid that post if I can't take it anymore. I know the options of reporting or ignoring a post is also available.

I love you guys!!!
  9. LonelyHearts

LonelyHearts New Member