I haven't been on in a looong time...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by GoDaleJr, Apr 1, 2003.

1. GoDaleJr

GoDaleJr New Member

I don't even know who would remember me on here...it's been so long! Long story short,,, I was very very sick last year at this time. Pneumonia turned into Epstein-barr virus turned into Fibromyalgia. I was soo sick and confused and in soo much pain. Went to 3-4 different doctors. No relief. I hit absolute rock bottom last year after my wisdom teeth surgery. That put me into a 3 month-long terrible flare, but it also made me soo depressed and angry. I cried every night for weeks. Finally saw my PCP in a cry for help and was put on drugs. I had sabotaged all my relationships with friends and family because the pain was so intense it turned me into a terrible person. I did not want to live anymore. don't laugh, but I read Dr. Phil's "Self Matters" book and really struggled to work through all the exercises. After I did, I felt so cleansed and like a new person. I didn't even realize all the family issues I had harbored for years and all the feelings about myself and how they made me who I am today. I worked thru them all. I got off the drugs, but still keep my wonderful pain pills. My state disability ran out this past January. Finally found a great Rheumi this year and I just lost my insurance! The pain and disabling feeling and helpless feeling are, for me, 80% state of mind. I work really hard to keep my state of mind positive. The word "Can't" came into my life with the Fibro, but this year has disappeared again because just that little word is so disabling in itself.
    I made a promise to myself that 2003 will be 1000% better than 2002 was. And it has been so far. I have tons of other problems besides my Fibro and so in working on them, I sometimes forget I even have Fibro. Except when it rains, like now, cuz I get all the aches and my hip goes out. :(
    BUT...I just want to tell everyone out there, there is hope for you all, in one form or another. What works for some, may not work for you, but you will someday find what does work for you and you will never go back!
    HUGS TO YOU ALL!
    ~Gina
  2. 2girls

2girls New Member

I am so happy for you!! Anyone who would laugh at something that has helped someone would be a fool! I do understand that a positive attitude counts for alot but will you please explain this to my body? ha ha. Seriously, good for you.
    Hoping you feel nothing but better,

2girls
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Of course I remember you and I'm glad you are doing so much better. You have been through a lot and come out the other side. I'm always so happy to read stories like yours. It does give hope to those who so desperately need it. Thanks for sharing.

Love, Mikie
  4. gumama

gumama New Member

Hi

your screen name caught my eye.. I take it your A Nascar Fan.. me too I'm a Jeff Gordon Fan.!!!!.. I'm sorry to hear you've been through so much but are finally getting a handle on things.

I'm new to this board myself.hang in there and take one day at a time.

Sandy.
  5. bejo

bejo New Member

It's so good to hear that somebody is beating up on fibro and coming out a winner.Thanks for sharing with us.
    ((((((()))))))) bejo