I heard Neurotin was being recalled-bad side effects

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by keke466, Oct 24, 2005.

1. keke466

keke466 New Member

I've been to the dr and was gonna start on this but then a nurse told me that it was one of the drugs that was being recalled. Then I read it. Have you heard about this? I've read where many of you have tried it. Did you have bad side effects? I'm always scared to try new meds.

Keke
  2. dunnlb

dunnlb New Member

I found the following:

The source of a number of recent Neurontin lawsuits has been the revelation that drug's manufacturers illegally marketed Neurontin for non-FDA approved uses, and paid physicians tens of thousands of dollars to recommend the drug based on faulty drug trial results. In recent disclosures related to Neurontin lawsuits, current drug manufacturer Pfizer has admitted that non-approved uses account for around 80% of Neurontin prescriptions.

Many Neurontin lawsuits were filed on behalf of patients who were prescribed Neurontin for conditions such as bipolar disorder, drug and alcohol withdrawal, attention deficit disorder, and other conditions for which the FDA had not approved the use of Neurontin. Neurontin lawsuits may also be filed if patients suffered from Neurontin side effects, especially if they were not sufficiently advised of such complications.
  3. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

it for another reason than it was developed unless we have shingles or seizures. I hadn't heard about this - interesting.