I helped my neighbor pick plums today

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Beadlady, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

I saw her outside standing on a chair and trying to balance a box while she picked plums. I got dressed and went and helped her. {No I did not stand on the chair} We ended up using the chair to hold the box.

My friend was picking plums for another friend. We filled the box and picked part of another box for me. And I gave her some of my blackberries. My friend also gave me some yellow plums that someone else had given her.

I also got some of the same kind of plums yesterday when we were out picking blackberries.

About a month ago I picked alot of plums from my other neighbors house and I cooked them down in the crock pot and squeezed the juice through with cheese cloth--ended up with 16 cups of juice--that is in the freezer.

So today I am going to cook all the plums I have in my crock pot and will juice them when I get home from work.

My friend said she will come help me make jelly when it cools off.

Take care all; I'm going to watch tv for a bit and invent something for dinner and then go to work.
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Good for you! I always love it when people share the larder with friends and neighbors. We are like that here in the hood. We don't have much in the way of our own trees but we often get extra fruit from friends outside the hood who have trees. It's unbelievable how much fruit these trees produce. We have coconut trees and banana trees but the tree trimmers take them all with them when they leave. We don't mind. Those poor guys work so hard out in this heat and humidity.

Hope your jelly turns out good. Back in the day, I loved making strawberry/rhubarb jelly and pies. Mmmmm!

Love, Mikie
  3. TwoCatDoctors

TwoCatDoctors New Member

That was so nice that you helped your neighbor and by doing so received some great plums. And you're going to make jelly too!! Wow, that sounds great. [Thanks for not standing on the chair.] Hugs.
  4. Amulet

Amulet Member

Hi BeadLady. I remember your name from about a year ago...used to go in chat room. I see that no one goes to chat any more...what happened?
  5. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

Pro Health changed the chat rooms and I never find anyone there anymore either. I remember chatting with you too.