I hope Annie's story helps others

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Anniesmom, Nov 12, 2002.

1. Anniesmom

Anniesmom New Member

To everyone,

My name is Shannon Duncan, I am Annie's mom. I hope my daughter's story helps others to see they are not alone when dealing with FMS or CFS. Even with everything she has been thru she still keeps smiling. She wanted everyone to know she hopes her story helps people. In her words, she hopes to help million and billions to understand. I just keep reminding her she is my SPECIAL ANGEL, and no matter what she is number one, comes first always, and Mommy and Daddy will always the there to fight the fight and support her always. I hope everyone reads her story and that it helps. My daughter's story is posted on this web site, you can find it in with the articles. My dear friend Anne Marie Vidal wrote it to help Annie and I get the word out. The title is "A Childhood on Hold, The Annie Duncan Story."

Anyone one with any advice on helping me help my 8 year old daughter is much appreciated, there are very little facts and really not alot of articles for children with FMS.

God Bless You All, Shannon Duncan, Annie's Mom
    [This Message was Edited on 11/13/2002]
  2. Anniesmom

Anniesmom New Member

To everyone,

My name is Shannon Duncan, I am Annie's mom. I hope my daughter's story helps others to see they are not alone when dealing with FMS or CFS. Even with everything she has been thru she still keeps smiling. She wanted everyone to know she hopes her story helps people. In her words, she hopes to help million and billions to understand. I just keep reminding her she is my SPECIAL ANGEL, and no matter what she is number one, comes first always, and Mommy and Daddy will always the there to fight the fight and support her always. I hope everyone reads her story and that it helps. My daughter's story is posted on this web site, you can find it in with the articles. My dear friend Anne Marie Vidal wrote it to help Annie and I get the word out. The title is "A Childhood on Hold, The Annie Duncan Story."

Anyone one with any advice on helping me help my 8 year old daughter is much appreciated, there are very little facts and really not alot of articles for children with FMS.

God Bless You All, Shannon Duncan, Annie's Mom
  3. sofy

sofy New Member

I read your post and am puzzled. [this message was edited for rudeness on 11/19/02]
  4. amymb74

amymb74 New Member

If you type Annie Duncan into the search bar it should come up - thats how I found it (if it is a treasure hunt guess I won!) Its a story about an 8 year old w/FM. Worth a read. Amy
  5. marinemom

marinemom New Member

I too, like Sofy, was puzzled about this. However, after I read your post, I felt like such a dummy!

I typed in Annie Duncan, like you said, and the only thing that came up for me was Your post! So, NOW, I really feel like a dummy. How did you find it?

It's not under my bed,
    Kathy
  6. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

then type in annie duncan, that should do it.
    just guessing.

Jaci
  7. sofy

sofy New Member

Foun it. Will read the whole thing later but for now am feeling relief. Last night I typed in Annies Story and got some pretty weird stuff including a story about incest between mother and daughter. Didn't read it but cant wait to what junk e-mail that will bring me. I lead way too exciting a life.
  8. Anniesmom

Anniesmom New Member

Dear Lisa,

That is the part I left out. I forgot to tell people where at this site to find her story. Thank you, and My daughter Annie, thanks you.

Annie's mom
  9. Anniesmom

Anniesmom New Member

Dear Lisa,

I am still working on finding one. I have some friends here helping to and friends in Dallas also looking. I edited my first messege and then posted an I'M SORRY to everyone. I also did my profile but instean of a picture of me there is a picture of Annie. So eveyone can see mine and Anne Marie's little Angel. Anne is truely one of the greatest people I have met since we were told Annie had FMS. We hope to meet everyone at the Walk of Awareness this year. i am bringing Annie and she is very excited about helping people learn about FMS. Thank you again so much for your help.

Annie's mom
  10. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I read your story and it was very moving. You are a brave
    and strong girl to go through all this. I was diagnosed
    with Fm 15 years ago but I think I had it even as a child, but mine was very mild then.

Just hang in there and keep up the good fight. Knowledge is
    power. Learning and understanding about this illness is one
    of the best ways to fight it.

Please join us when you can for support.

Hugs
    Sandyz
  11. Anniesmom

Anniesmom New Member

Thank you Lisa K and Sandyz,

Thank you Lisa K for helping make it possible for as many peopole as possible to see and find Annie's story, my daughter truely wants to help everyone. Annie says, "Thank You" Lisa K and Sandyz, you words truely meant a great deal to me and Annie. Annie told me to tell you "Thank You", she just wants a world wide understanding, I will and so will she be coming to everyone here for advice and help. For Annie, FMS has been really hard for her to understand, but I think what affects her the most is when family and friends don't understand. But when she found out that most of the people in the world didn't get it either, she wanted her story out there to try to help people. At 8 years old she is truely my hero, she is so very strong. If you click on the anniesmom to the left of this messege you will see her beautiful smile. I put her pic on my profile so everyone could see this brave little Angel and hopefully her smile will make everyone smile. She loves eveyone and cares about everyone, she truely has a heart the size of the world. She is very tired today, by friday every week she is exhausted. But this weekend is our mother - daughter weekend, of watching movies and baking cookies. It's her favorite down time. Tomorrow she wants to post a messege herself to everyone. She hopes to see everyone at the Walk of Awareness in May.

Annie's mom
  12. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I Annie and Mom,

I checked out your picture Annie and your a real cutie. What a beautiful smile! I`m looking forward to the weekend
    also. I`m having a birthday party for my 7 year son tommor-ow. He`s almost your age. That should be fun. I also have one more son who is 11 years old. We live in North
    Dakota.

I really am glad your getting your story out there. I really do think it will help. Having young kids like your-
    self suffering so much just isn`t right. Maybe they`ll step
    up the research on this and find some answers so beautiful kids like you won`t have to suffer.

I`m looking forward to your post Annie. Keep up the good
    work Mom and Annie!
  13. lassiecass

lassiecass New Member

A Warm Welcome to Annie and Shannon,
    Hi to you two. My name is also Sandy. I live in Arizona and you can call me Cass if you like, it might avoid some confusion since there are so many Sandys on this board.
    I have been trying to read the article on Annie but as I am not very good with this machine I am having trouble but I know I will get to it sometime.
    I am a Grandma and have a beautiful granddaughter named Madelyn, she is four. We usually have loads of fun things to do when she comes over to visit and stay the night. If I am having touble keeping up we mostly play indoor activities. We also love to watch movies and bake cookies. She wants to make Grandma feel better so she gives me feet rubs. She is the light of my life just like you are Annie for your family. Have a great weekend and loads of soft hugs to you and your Mom.
    Cass
    PS Please write Maddie and I anytime and we will always answer. Annie, are you going to see Santa Clause 2 or have you seen one yet? Maddie loves Santa Clause 1. You have a beautiful smile Annie.
  14. Anniesmom

Anniesmom New Member

Hello to everyone, this is Annie, I am glad you all got to see my story, I hope it is helpful to you.

I am going to Texas for Thanksgiving and am going to Santa Clause there and here in Louisiana when I get home, in case I forget something.

I am not feeling well so this is short. I am going to go lay down and rest, but I just wanted to say HELLO to everyone. Have a great weekend. I hope you all have a happy thanksgiving I have to go now and rest.

Love and Hugs, Annie Michelle Duncan
  15. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

It was fun to read your post. Too bad your not feelings very well today. I`m feeling very tired out also today.
    I`m wore out from my sons birthday party yesterday. We went to the mall and then saw Harry Potter. It was good.
    He invited 4 of his friends along so I had 5 energetic boys
    to keep track of.

Our weather here in ND is very foggy and sleeting. We don`t have any snow yet but we should be getting some soon. I hope we get a lot this year because last year we hardly got any.

It sounds like you have some fun plans for Thanksgiving. I`m
    not sure what we are doing yet but I don`t think we`re going to far.

Here`s wishing you a good week. Post again when you feel up to it.

Hugs to you and your mom!
  16. PMangels

PMangels New Member

I went to your site to check out your story. You are a brave little girl. I admire you for wanting to tell your story so others will learn about our illness. Hopefully one day there will be a cure for all of us.

Sounds like you are going to have fun Thanksgiving. I will have my family here at my home. We live in Nebraska. I have 2 grandchildren. They are both boys; one is 2 and one is 9. I'm sure the oldest boy is looking forward to seeing santa too.

Thanks for sharing your story with us. I hope you will get to feeling better real soon. Remember that we care about you even if we can't see you in person. I do want you to know that I looked at your picture in your moms profile as well as the site where your story is. Love your big smile. Take care and write again when you feel up to it.

Love and (((((gentle hugs)))))
    Arlene
  17. Anniesmom

Anniesmom New Member

Hello again, I am feeling better, my mom said it was a tummy virus. But I get to go to school tomorrow. Arlene my aunt mimi lives in Nebraska and i would loves to see ND sometime Sandyz. Oh and to let ya'll know I got a wheelchair today, the man at the salvation army got it for me, he is really nice. I have been rolling all over the house with it cuz now i can get out to do more things. My mom cried when she saw how happy it made me i think she was happy and they were happy tears she said they were. I will write more later.

Love and hugs, Annie Michelle Duncan
  18. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

I`m so glad you got your wheel chair. Now I bet your mom
    is going to have a hard time keeping up with you sometimes.
    Ha,Ha. Don`t break any speeding records though , ok?!!
    I`m really happy for you. That should make things a lot easier for you.

So, its back to school today? What`s your favorite subject?
    Kyle[my 7 yr. old] favorite subjects are singing, reading and of course recess. Jason[11 yr. old] loves math, ancient
    history and spelling. Their both good students and like school.

I`m still tired today so I`m going to go rest so I have the
    energy to go to Jason`s basketball game tonite. You have a great week and tell your mom I said hi.

Love and Hugs,
    Sandyz
    [This Message was Edited on 11/19/2002]
  19. lucky

lucky New Member

After a short program on children with CFS on the 6 o'clock news about 2 wks. ago, I could understand how difficult it must be for a little girl of 8 to cope with it.
    This short program was aired because CFS in children is easily misdiagnosed and the Hospital for Sick Children in Toronto, Canada, which is a worldclass children's hospital is a place where you can get help from doctors who are specialized in these illnesses.
    Also, one of the reasons why this was aired is to educate parents whose children show strange symptoms and behavioural problems which could be misinterpretrated. This is the first time, I have seen that CFS in children was discussed on a Canadian TV station. The world is listening hopefully. I wish Annie the best, Lucky
  20. PMangels

PMangels New Member

Thanks for writing back and letting me know how you are doing. Glad you had just a virus. Most viruses go away in a few days; some on their own and some you need medication for. I am glad you are feeling better now.

Congratulations on your new "wheels". Boy, you will sure be able to race around now! Nobody can keep you down I bet. We better all look out and get out of your way..... HA :) I am real happy for you. You take care and hope to hear from you again.

Love,
    Arlene