I hope this helps someone

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by kim840, Nov 19, 2003.

1. kim840

kim840 New Member

I was reading tonight and came across this. It helped me, maybe it will help you. I pray so. :)

Scripture assures us that we can maintain a steady footing through the trials in our lives. How do we do that?

There is an amazing truth in the Bible that, once you take hold of it, will help keep you steady during our most trying times. Not new to many of us, the truth is that the anchor for the storms of life is simly this: JESUS CHRIST NEVER CHANGES.

Every single thing in our lives, i.e., our careers, our relationships, our health, our finances .... are all in a state of constant change. There is nothing we can do to stop the changes.

If we try to hold tight to these things during our hardships we cannot keep from being pulled one way or another. Why? Because we have fixed ourselves to something that is in itself ever changing. That foundation is not stable.

However, when we anchor our "everything" in Christ, we can be sure that the anchor will hold. He is not moving, changing or leaving. He is the same as He always has been and always will be. HE is the only sure footing in a world of constant movement and change.

End of story. This is not a new truth to most of us, but I thought it was beautifully put.

I pray God ministers to you in some personal and intimate way today.

Love in Christ and gentle hugs,

Marcia
    [This Message was Edited on 11/19/2003]
    [This Message was Edited on 11/19/2003]
  2. danny3861

danny3861 New Member

What you sy is so true Marcia. We have to keep in touch with the Lord at all times. He should always be put first in our lives. I'm in a constant state of prayer during the day, mostly thanking the Lord for his blessing. Even around other people, in stores, whereever, A simple Praise the Lord outloud, does wonders for me. I know he is always with me.
    Praise you Lord and Thank you for all the blessings you give me each and every day. Bless each and everyone in my family, everyone at my job, at my church, at this worship board. You are the Almighty one that i give my life to.

In Jesus name,amen.

Danny
  3. Luann53051

Luann53051 New Member

What wonderful words to share! Thank you.

I actually was thinking about Christ being my anchor just yesterday. I showed my husband a necklace I wanted for Christmas. It isn't expensive at all, but it would mean so much to me. It is a sterling silver cross necklace, with a small heart charm and an anchor charm. A reminder to us that Christ is the anchor in our lives, and that Christ always resides in our heart.

Hugs,
    Luann
  4. Harmony

Harmony New Member

This is a wonderful promise! I praise God He is the same yesterday, today and forever. Thanks, for sharing this.

Love,
    Gail

5. Sunshyne1027

Sunshyne1027 New Member

The story was helpful, and a great insight to me. I am glad you shared it, it did help alot!

Thank You!