I hope to encourage you!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by susabar, May 13, 2003.

1. susabar

susabar New Member

I haven't posted in a long time because I went back to work in mid- March 1/2 days for 3 weeks and then full-time.
    I know what you are thinking, she must not have FM... but I do! I don't even know myself how I am managing , I just know it's been good for me mentally... I take extra good care of myself... and save part of my lunch period for an afternoon rest. I have also begun taking Mega Anti-Oxidizers, Chelated Minerals and two optimizers one is Grape seed extract, the other is CoQ10. I urge all of you to investigage nutritional supplements!! The responsibility of having to be at a job gets me going!!!!... on the weekends I really poop out but I'm hoping that gets better with time. I feel like a valuable part of society again. It is still rather lonely because no one else can understand the pain, and the exhaustion felt at times. My heart goes out to each and everyone of you with all that I know you're going through. I know some of you have other conditions besides FM , and /or some tougher financial situations. For you I will pray that you receive all the support you need and find some other blessings in life.
    Thanks for letting me share
    Love Sue
  2. jka

jka New Member

i work part time at an elementary school.my job means more to me then just a job.being around the kids gives me a real boost.i also havw 2 other women working there that have fibro.so we have a little support group going on.both my docs have told me to quit working-but then what would i do?sit at home and not have much going in my life.i told them i don't do it for the money-i do it to keep sane.hang inthere!
    kathy c
  3. kar1953

kar1953 New Member

I was off for 4 1/2 months with the first full blown fms flare. I went back part time in April - half days. Then 2 weeks later I went 2 full & 3 half days. Had to make sure I had a couple of half days in between the full days & things are going fairly well. My doc wanted me to stay off till school started next fall (drive bus) but I was insistant that I go back part time. I, too, think it has helped me mentally. When I was just laying around home all I did was pity myself & cry all the time. I still have my own private pity party once in awhile but for the most part I'm over that.

I am taking several supplements & I think they have also helped. It just feels great to be part of life again - even tho it's not as big a part as before.

Take care........Kathi