I just don't know what to do

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by monica33flowers, Jul 14, 2008.

1. monica33flowers

monica33flowers New Member

Today I went in to see my neurosurgeon and have an x-ray of my neck to make sure all the hardware is where it should be. Everything checked out.

I told the dr. that I have been having really bad spasms in my neck thru my shoulder area still and they just won't calm down. I was then told that I can start taking ibuprofen (I wasn't suppose to take any for 3 months) and that should help with the spasms.

After all was said about the spasms etc. they said I'm healing fine and I can go back to work. HUH? I went over my migraines, which I was told will be getting better along with the neck pain here shortly. Then also about the fibro....this dr. doesn't believe in fibro.

I was told a letter will be added to my file that I can proceed with work. We argued back and forth and we came to a decision that we will revisit this in 6 weeks to see if the migraines are slowing down like they are predicting and if the spasms are also stopping. I did mention that I have started filing a social security claim for disability and that is when things got a little heated. I was told "In no way are you disabled." I was stunned --- I just didn't know what to say. I have been working with this dr. for over a year and to hear those words really upset me. Then after the visit my mother says, "aren't you happy you can go back to work and everything will be fine". What the H*LL! Is this all just in my head? I know in my heart what I can and cannot do and this just makes everything that much worse.

I guess I will have to call my claim supervisor at AllSup and see what she says.

Thanks for listening ---- I really need my support from all of you here.....Thanks again!

2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

You know the old joke about the difference between God and a doctor? God doesn't think he's a dr.

Drs are so overpaid many of them think they are almost as important as a basketball player.

You will never be able to change a dr's opinion, so if it's important, you need to find a new dr.

As for your mother, well, mothers are greatly over-rated in our society. Mine was abusive, but I was supposed to cheer and send up fireworks on Mother's Day.

You have to do what's best for you and ignore the ignorant remarks from the sidelines. Hope you feel better.

3. sisland

sisland New Member

I'm Sorry to hear that Your going through this!,,,,,The Doctor Has no idea what it's like to have these pains!,,,,,,,,I'm Praying for you and i hope that you can find a Real Doctor who will believe what you tell them!,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Sis
  4. poets

poets Member

You certainly don't deserve this. I honestly wonder why some doctors wanted to be doctors in the first place. I always thought a doctor should take you seriously. I hope you find a GOOD doctor who will get you the help you deserve.

5. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I'm so sorry you're going through this...so I just have a few questions.

Are you on the pill? This can make migraines worse...

Also, do you take a calcium/magnesium/zinc supplement? This can help alleviate muscle spasms...won't happen overnight, but it will help.

It alleviated most all of my muscle pain from Fibro, I take mine twice a day.

6. monica33flowers

monica33flowers New Member

for your comforting words. They really helped.

Rock: You are a man of wisdom. I have to tell you this cause I know you will understand. Well, my GP referred me to see a psychiatrist. So, I called to set up an appointment and they will not accept medical asssistance! Can you believe this! They wonder why we have so many people on the streets with mental illness because no one will treat them. It just broke my heart to hear that news today --- only in America

Sis: Thank you so much sweetie.

Poets: Well I have to go in for one more visit --- that is if I go. But I will never - ever - tell anyone that has to see a neurosurgeon to see him. Like Rock said, he thinks he is God.

Hugs: No, I had a hysterectomy so no birth control. I will definitely have to write down that vitamin combo when we go into Madison shopping. I will make a stop at the vitamin store and see if it helps.
  7. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Please do and give it at least a month to start working, although I saw benefits in my fibro fog immediately from taking it.

There's also a wonderful book called "The Miracle of Magnesium" that helps explain why this mineral is so important to all of us.

I wish I could convince everyone to take this supplement or at least give it a month's trial.

If you have IBS-D problems, it might make them worse, but I increased my daily Immodiums because the benefits were worth it.

8. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Wow, that would have been a shocker, Monica! I'd find another doctor ASAP who understands fibro and hope the current doc is right about the migranes and neck pain. Easier said than done, I know.

Big hug,
  9. PVLady

PVLady New Member

You may need to find a new doctor. If this doctor has that attitude, he will not be supporting your case.

You should cut your losses if possible and find great doctor if possible. So sorry..
  10. PVLady

PVLady New Member

You may need to find a new doctor. If this doctor has that attitude, he will not be supporting your case.

You should cut your losses if possible and find great doctor if possible. So sorry..
  11. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

so sorry, these experiences are so humiliating. He is an ignorant man!

Like everyone else I can only say, find another doctor if you can.

As for your Mum, sometimes Mums say things to try and make things better, they ignore what is actually happening. It took my Mum years to accept that I had a real illness and that I wasn't in bed because I was having a lazy day - and she wasn't being nasty. She just didn't get it.

Ask around and see if you can find a doctor who cares and understands.