I just dread mondays--

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nanna4550, Jan 15, 2006.

1. nanna4550

nanna4550 New Member

Here it is Sunday night and I have to work tomorrow. Having had 3 days off to enjoy not having to be somewhere early in the morning and not having to try hard to be productive all day have been great. Now I have 4 days in a row of work to face and I'm really stressing about it. I'm in my 50's with no hope of retirement, have worked since the age of 16 and I'm really tired. My dreams of being a successful businesswoman are over and my drive for it are gone. There just isn't the energy to face the business world and the competition. Sorry to be negative, I know I am lucky to be employed. How do I work on my attitude about it when I just don't want to go? If I didn't have a job, I'd be stressed out about that.
    Any thoughts, experiences, encouraging words are appreciated.
    Thanks, Nanna
  2. musikmaker

musikmaker New Member

I feel the same way you do. I read your BIO and we are the same age. I have lost my drive to be succesful also and I know I really can't keep up with the competition anymore. In my heart I feel it is only a matter of time before I get forced out or have to quit. A trick I use is to only focus on the day at hand. If I look out to long term I begin to stress just like you. Everything just takes to much effort anymore. To bad we don't work together. We could be one anothers support system.
    [This Message was Edited on 01/15/2006]
  3. nanna4550

nanna4550 New Member

Thanks for the support. Yes, one day at a time is good advise. Today wasn't so bad. I downloaded my book on tape and listened to it all afternoon. It's suspense,
    called "concent to kill", a welcome distraction. My boss also gave me a new house to start laying out the floor plans and elevations. That's my favorite part, so all is good. Hopefully tomorrow will be good too.
    I'm so lucky to have you supportive friends.
    Thank you, Nanna