I just found out that I am

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kats1978, Aug 18, 2003.

1. kats1978

kats1978 New Member

going to have a child in Nov. Is there anything that I should do now? Any way I should prepare myself?
  2. Pindooca

Pindooca New Member

Is this your first?

I only experienced minimal pain during my pregnancy. Most of it was ligament pain in my lower abdomen during the 8-9th month, and I've heard this is normal across the board. I probably got off easy in the pregnancy department.

However, after the baby is born, you need to be careful of a couple of things:

1. You will probably have a baby carrier. Alternate arms when you carry him/her around.

2. Try not to sit in the same position all the time when you nurse/feed the baby.

Both of these caused problems for me early on.

What an exciting time for you! I was never happier (or felt sexier) in my life then when I was pregnant!
  3. dontlikeliver

dontlikeliver New Member

I have CFS and all my sx vanished when I was pregnant - what a relief that was. Unfortunately, they returned about a year or so later.

Do you have FM or CFS or both? I hope all goes well for you and I would be interested in knowing how you do with your FM or CFS during and after pregnancy.

4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Hoping all goes well. Keep us updated.

Love, Mikie
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Kats, I wish I could help, but sadly I can't, other than to say take very good care of yourself. I did not get FM untill my last one was born, exactly three months later.

I am sure we have lots of new Mom's here that will be responding to your post with some imput.

You sure don't have long to wait, November is just around the corner.

Take care, and do keep us updated on your health.

Will be sure to offer up a prayer for you.

Shalom, Shirl
  6. kats1978

kats1978 New Member

I am afraid more then normal because I was told that I needed to not have any children. So Thursday when I was supose to be seen for a check-up, is when I found out. This is the frist that made it this far.

PS I have highly several FMS and most of the time I can't get out of bed[This Message was Edited on 08/18/2003]
  7. JannyW

JannyW New Member

how exciting!!! so nice to hear some good news. If you have it on Nov. 15th you can name it after me :)

Jan ^v^
    [This Message was Edited on 08/18/2003]
  8. Momskelleygirl

Momskelleygirl New Member

Here is hoping that all goes well. Keep positive thoughts, never lose your faith (which ever one it might be) let it carry you through this, and all will be well.

have a safe and happy delivery.
    and as said before keep us posted.
    I have a feeling that all our thoughts and good wishes will be with you and your baby.

Kelley
    [This Message was Edited on 08/19/2003]
  9. kats1978

kats1978 New Member

everybody
  10. jacqui_k

jacqui_k New Member

Kats I just happened to come upon an old post of yours, about a month ago , when you asked for advice on your weight gain, I guess you finally got an answer....lol And what a great one at that, enjoy the remainder of your pregnancy, and remember to get LOTS of rest, everything else can wait, just take care of yourself and your unborn baby.

Wishing you all the best,
    Jacqui
  11. pam_d

pam_d New Member

Congratulations! I'm sure you'll do fine---having a little one is worth it, I think!!

Hugs,
    Pam