I just know I lost at disability hearing.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by willruthie1965, Apr 2, 2009.

1. willruthie1965

willruthie1965 New Member

I could just feel it. He was nice to me but he made a couple statements that made me feel like he didn't believe me. I can't believe this.I can't go on two more years fighting.I am getting too sick.

Can anyone tell me about their hearings?If they thought they loss but won? I need encouragement. Ruthie
  2. willruthie1965

He said I did good but when we got there he said the Judge was conservative. I knew what that meant. When I went to hubbys hearing it was so fast. This took 45 minutes.The whole time I was moving around because I never sit that long. I don't know if my attorney was prepared. I wanted to bring husband in the room and he said no,your hubby is on ssd already and that might look bad. So one stike against me already.

I guess in SS world two people from the same family can't both be sick without being fakes!
  3. butterflydream

butterflydream New Member

ask you that made you feel that the judge didn't believe you?
    You were probably so nervous and scared.
    Did the judge ask you alot of questions?

4. daboysone

daboysone New Member

I am so sorry that this happened to you! I am still waiting and if it weren't for my mother and father I would be homeless, jobless, and starving. It is such a struggle not only on us, but on everyone close to us. If I had enough money I would want to help everyone. Please stay positive as much as possible and know you are not alone.
  5. willruthie1965

I wanted my husband so he could help me explain myself.I am very limited in my understanding and communications skills. He has seen the change in me since my illness.

When hubby was approved it took like 15 minutes and didn't get questioned nearly as much.

This was so different than I remembered. The judge was not mean to me but he said something about,i seem to have a good grip cause I was using my cane,and in fact,I did have a better grip yesterday but it doesn't mean it's like this all the time, I drop things everyday.

They Vocactional expert said there was 1 job I could perform. The job was a table worker? My attorney asked her to explaine and she coudn't. I thought that was positve.

I wished I would have not gone to hubby hearing. THis made me feel it would be easy to get. Ruthie
  6. butterflydream

butterflydream New Member

Ruthie do you feel your attorney asked you good enough questions at your hearing about fibro? Was your attorney not getting the point across to the judge of how sick you are?
    i ask this cause some attorneys really have no clue as to how a person lives with fibromyalgia and maybe the judge just did not fully understand it ? i wish you a favorable decision soon.

BILLCAMO New Member

You have to wait for your decision from the judge. Since this is a government agency , the decision can't be predicted.

I had a conservative judge and the last 1/2 of the hearing did not go great. My wife was there and she was only asked for answer once with about a 5 word answer allowed.

After the hearing , I could tell that my lawyer was a little worried about what the decision would be. He had even showed up only about 5 minutes before the hearing.......long story.....

I received a fully favorable decision and I hope you receive the same !

Blessings ,

8. lukelinnmark

lukelinnmark New Member

I'm waiting on a hearing date myself and I'm nerves about it already and they said it can take 20-24 months to get a hearing date,I was just woundering how long did it take you to get a hearing date?I have 110 percent faith that you will win your case.I think they just act like your going to lose to make you wounder weather you won or not.I truly believe you won your case and hope you did.Its hard enough to do things without that hanging over your head.Wish you the best.Mark
  9. willruthie1965

I didn't feel like the judge or attorney asked me about my day to day stugles. It was pretty appearant that I didn't have many writting skills. My paperwork was a mess. I write like I am 12. I use to be articulate and could write a letter but now I don't phrase things right ,no one understands what I say. It is difficult to write and communicate what I feel.

You said the last half of hearing wasn't good.What happened?

I do the same thing everyday. I wake up go to conftorable couch or coftorable chair bu computer. My house is a mess. These periods last weeks and if I have a good day I might get some cleaing done. 85 percent of time is spent sitting in hot baths and using muscle rub or hot watter bottle. My goal everyday is to get rid of the pain,wherever it decides to show up at.

My vocational expert daid there was 1 job I could do but, she was not able to identify what the job really was. Something to do with table worker.I can't sit for 8 hours I can't stay in any position more than 30 minutes. A couple things he mentoned seem to discredit me. I didn't get defensive. Hope this helps othe people. Ruthie

BILLCAMO New Member

the results will be what they are.

The judge just flat insulted my lawyer & me during the last part of the hearing several times. I got at least one good zinger back at him when he said I could be a dispatcher since I had used a 2-way radio..... I just flat told him maybe I could be if I remembered where I was , how to get somewhere , and didn't have to pull off to the side of the road to remember how to get home at times. He insulted both my lawyer and me after my answer to that , but , it was the truth.

A person just can't know what the final decision will be until you get it ! My lawyer did discuss with me what our options would be if the decision was negative from the hearing and we didn't need to use them.

Blessings ,

11. PVLady

PVLady New Member

Is this the first time you are applying for disability? I was curious because my brother is on SSDI and I wondered if they make you re-qualify. Have you seen the movie "Sicko" by Michael Moore. He talks about the health care system and how corrupt.

I think they should move on and make a movie about judges who deny people disability - they should not have that power - doctors should be able to make that decision. I would like to see some of these judges have to show up and beg for help in a courtroom.