I Just made an appt at Seattle FFC

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by foggyfroggy, Aug 2, 2006.

1. foggyfroggy

foggyfroggy Guest

There goes the retirement account!
    Oh well, really - what am I going to use it for if I'm still this sick then?

Anyhow, I'm excited but dreading the 5 hour trip to get there. We will drive the truck with our old camper on it so I can lay down the whole way up and back.

Also afraid they might not even be able to help me after all that stress and exertion of getting there but I've got to keep trying and not give up!

My appointment is the 23rd - think positive thoughts for me!

Gretchen
  2. foggyfroggy

foggyfroggy Guest

Bumping for any input from Seattle FFC'ers
  3. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

Let us know how it goes. I'm over here on the "dry side" and if you have a good experience and get some relief I may just give it a try.

5 hours? Are you in the Spokane area? Duh, I just looked at your profile and see you're in Oregon!

Hugzz
    Greenbean
    [This Message was Edited on 08/04/2006]
  4. foggyfroggy

foggyfroggy Guest

Hi everyone and thanks for your replies.

Greenbean,
    thanks and I will certainly keep everyone posted. I wish I was on the "dry side" sometimes as I am in the wet wet valley lol.

Hanginin,
    Yes, I am going to the Bellview one too. My husbsnd is taking me and I was thinking of buying a tape recorder so thanks for that tip I will certainly get one now. My husband isn't always the greatest note taker as he is so busy listening too but at least he has a better memory than me!

I don't think I will get any IVs until the tests all come back - the glutathione may have caused a big detox for you which would have released the toxins into your system and made you feel nasty. I wonder if they test for glutathione levels?

Good idea on running the infectious disease panel at the first visit as that and the hormone stuff is the main reason I want to go as my doctor regularly runs metabolic tests.

I will definitely look for you post! I hope you will be feeling better soon - I have 2 kids also and it is tough. I don't know where I would be now if I hadn't had them around me when I was first sick though - I might have opted out and now I find that their love and distraction (LOL) are what keeps the 'normal' in my life and inspires me to keep fighting.

Keep the chin up - we can do this!!!

Lovingheart,
    I am so glad to read that it has helped you! I am so hopeful and so chicken all at the same time!

Gretchen