I just need to vent!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by stareagle, Apr 23, 2003.

1. stareagle

stareagle New Member

I'm so fed up. Because of FMS I lost a job that I truely loved. I had to file bankruptsy, I lost my house most of my stuff and my husband. My 15 year old daughter is embarrased because of my health and angry because I can't stand up long enough to cook or do the housecleaning I used to do. She wants to move out. And SS is sending me to ANOTHER doctor too determine if I am disabled. (It seems like since I've been fighting with them for 2 years that they could have figured it out.)
    And I just want 1 day without pain. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.
    Well, that helped. I guess I'll get up again tomorrow and do it again.
    Thanks for letting me vent.
    Star
  2. layinglow

layinglow New Member

Sorry to hear all that you have gone through with FMS, and those things you still face. Writing down your frustrations is good therapy, its a release instead of letting them brew and boil internally.
    I hope very soon that things get better for you--and you are able to relax and concentrate better on taking care of yourself. As a matter of fact now is the best time to do that. Don't let stress adversely affect your health. Take good care of yourself.
    Best wishes, LL
  3. fibolady

fibolady New Member

it seems this illness has slowly robbed me of eveything i once had, my former self, my husband is divorcing me (people change is his famous last words) and my 14 year old daugher who is living with him. and probably my house too after it is all settled.

i'm going to a counselor to help me sort through this, it is way bigger than me. and i would love ONE pain free day too!!

warm regards,
    fibolady
  4. pedals

pedals New Member

hello. Well i lost my nursing job. The dream job for me. one day went to work, they said, i wasn't fit enough to work for them any longer. They wanted me out, because i was hurt on the job. They were at fault, an order was d/c on a pt. Wasn't told and hurt myself. They wanted to cover their own backs there. My husband is still with me, he's one of a kind !!! Lost my income, which paid every bill ect.. My income was the main servival $$$ in our home. My husbands income was only a 4th of mine. We were lucky that i had taken out disabilty insurance on the van & house, so we didn't loose them. It paid off to pay that extra $ out for insurance. I tried several times to return back to work, but the pain rules my life.. So i'm a stay at home mom and we are making it.. Lots of prayers !!!!!!! Just think when you win the ssi, you'll get all that back pay, which will help out so much. And make sure you get that pay. Tell your daughter she has the right to hate the not you !! Worked with us, things have been so good between my son and i since we were told that. I have also learn to stop beating myself up over the fm. I'm not mad at myself any longer. I will kill the fm thou !!! Only if i can get hold of it !! hahhhaaa good luck, we're in the same lake just different boats. pedals
  5. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

Welcome to our board. We`re glad to have you join us. I am so sorry you lost so much. I also have lost most of my former life. This illness is the hardest thing to live with. I wouldn`t wish it on my worst enemy.

I hope you like this board and come here often for support. We don`t mind vents. Its a release for me just reading someone elses because I`m going through the same things. When I first started coming here I really felt at the end of my rope. After fighting Fm for 15 years, I didn`t have much of me left. This illness was destroying my spirit. But I have been so uplifted by the people here, it really has given me peace and understanding and the strength to fight this.

I hope your having a little easier time this week and good luck on with your SS.

Sandyz

6. stareagle

stareagle New Member

Thank all of you for your kind thoughts and comments. I'm better today. My best friend (who also has FMS) talked me into going to Walmart with her yesterday. We has a race through the store using the little go carts they keep at the front. We had a great time speeding at all of two miles an hour. We laughed for hours. Sometimes its the little things that make life worth living.
    Star

[ advertisement ]