I just realized it has been 3 1/2 years since DX...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Suzan, Mar 2, 2006.

1. Suzan

Suzan New Member

Wow, I checked my profile and figured out that I have been "officially" battling this for 3 1/2 years...and then for a stretch before that. No wonder I am tired of being sick! I guess I didn't realize that so much time had really gone by. I did get worse after my diagnosis...I went in because I was having pain in those "tender points"...and feeling all over achey so often it was getting hard to work..and I was only working part time.

Now here I am ...3 1/2 years later..worse than ever...still battling pain, and fatigue...and no closer to a solution.I have been coming to this board for 3 years, and it has been a spot I come to be "reasurred" that I am not the only one that feels like this! I wonder how long this will last????

HOw long have you been sick??

2. neen85

neen85 New Member

I have been sick for 16 or 17 yrs...it is hard to keep track. I have slept alot of my life away and had very few good years. Been on disability for most of that time. The last 5 years I have spent most of my time going from the bed to my couch,and have mostly stayed in the house.

I just found out Aug. 2004 that I have had midwestern lyme disease all of this time. See my profile for more info. I am glad you found this board early on. Just wish I had something like it when I was first ill. Hang in there,this is a great resource! Daneen