I just received my first disability check!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by deb06, Mar 6, 2006.

1. deb06

deb06 New Member

I am so happy and relieved, and now they cannot appeal and take away the favorable decision!!!!!

I got backpay from Nov '04.

Now we can try to hurry up the appeal on case #1 in federal court that goes back to 2000.

Hang in there everyone. No matter what- don't give up if there is any way.

Love, Deb
  2. Crispangel66

Crispangel66 New Member

I hope soon I will be posting the same thing for me, after my hearing!

Congrats, pamela
  3. crumpton

crumpton New Member

I am so happy for you. I am still waiting. In June it will be 2 years.

It gets me that they want us to hurry and get any paper they send to us returned in 10 days or want us to call our doctors to hurry them up, BUT ....

I am happy for you to finally get yours!!
  4. deb06

deb06 New Member

Just after I received the first check on the second case- I got my federal denial on my first case. Then my lawyer tells me if we pursue the first case anymore I could lose my second case win and have to pay back any moneys. I don't understand this but nothing surprises me anymore. I quit my first case and gave up up would have amounted to about 50,000 dollars in back pay.

I am just happy the 5 year ordeal is over and I have my benefits. Thank you God!!!

Stick in there no matter how bleak things look or how bad they make you feel. Humble yourself and be honest with yourself and the lawyer and judge how this has affected you and your family emotionally as well as physically. Go after documentation and treatment for both psychiatriary and psycology. I would not have won (and did not win) on just my fibro without the other proof.

Love you all, deb
  5. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

It was such a relief.I only had 6 months backpay,not much,I only get $633 a month.have fun!linda