I Just Talked To Debbie (DD)

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Mikie, Aug 16, 2003.

1. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

She asked me to thank everyone who posted their condolences and say that she is sorry that she is not up to reading them all just yet. She will when she can. It is a comfort to her, though, that everyone here is praying for her and her family and keeping them in our thoughts.

She also wanted me to tell you that her husband, Steve, fell from a ladder at work and sustained a head injury which was fatal. It happened a week ago yesterday.

The funeral service and burial have been held, but it's still such a shock for Debbie and her three sons, age 9,
    10, and 15. I know this is going to be very hard for them, especially since it was so sudden and unexpected. Please keep them in your prayers.

Love, Mikie
  2. GeneticDefect

GeneticDefect New Member

Thanks for clarifying three sons NOT two. That was nice of you to check up on her and the kids.
    ~Karen
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Actually, she called me. I e-mailed my telephone number to her because I didn't know whether or not she felt up to talking with anyone yet.

I think she is doing really well considering what a horrible shock this has been. She's obviously a very strong person, but my heart goes out to her. I don't know how anyone can deal with having to try to help children understand and deal with the unthinkable. It's difficult enough just dealing with one's own grief. That's why I am asking for everyone's prayers.

Love, Mikie
  4. stillafreemind

stillafreemind New Member

I fail miserably with words at a time like this. But I will most definitely say prayers for them all.

Thank you for posting this. Sherry
  5. KayL

KayL New Member

for their family....they will be in my thoughts and prayers....

Karen
  6. pam_d

pam_d New Member

...I'm glad she called you, Mikie; just that personal connection sometimes helps at a difficult time like this. Glad you could be there for her, and she needn't feel like she has to read our posts or write; we all understand.

Hugs,
    Pam
  7. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

I'm sorry about this tragedy - give her my condolences!

Annette2
  8. sofy

sofy New Member

I missed the original post but of course feel a hugh empathy for her and her sons. It is a good thing she is a strong woman because she will need that strength to get thru this awful transition period. She will certainly be in my prayers.
  9. Hinemoa

Hinemoa New Member

How terribly sad.

I will be praying for both her peace of mind and strength for her to manage without her caregiver.

Love,

Sandra
  10. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

What a horrible tragedy and shock....and it's even worse when there are little kids involved. What is Debbie's screen name? I don't recognize "DD".

Marilyn
  11. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Can sure understand Debbie not ready to read all the condolences yet. Its hard to do, and sometimes it seems to make things worst. I have been there many times myself.

Suffice to say that we are all keeping her and the children in our prayers.

Thanks for the update.

Shalom, Shirl
  12. Mrs. B

Mrs. B New Member

Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know how Debbie is doing and the circumstances of her husbands death. We are all praying for her and her children and appreciate the extra information you passed on to us and that you let her know that she is in our thoughts, prayers, and hearts.

Lisa
  13. Plantscaper

Plantscaper New Member

It is hard enough to deal with these DDs..I can't imagine how difficult it is for you, now...but will think of you and hope that you and children can find some comfort from family and friends..

Plantscaper
  14. lovabuga

lovabuga New Member

PLEASE LET DEBBIE KNOW THAT MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ARE WITH HER AND HER SONS. WHAT A TERRIBLE THING TO HAVE TO GO THROUGH.

LOVABUGA
  15. Lana56

Lana56 New Member

My prayers are with Debbie and her sons.What a terrible shock.I hope she knows how everyone cares. Lana56
  16. lucky

lucky New Member

My deepest sympathy go to Debbie and her 3 sons. I cannot believe and am saddened that such a young family has to go through the pain of such an unexpected and sudden loss.
    May God give them strength to get through this very difficult time.
    Sincerely, Lucky
  17. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Linda, thank you for you sweet words. I really appreciate it. I think God led us all to this website and I pray for us all every day.

Marilyn, Debbie's username is DD. Not long ago, she posted that she had put a new picture of herself with her sons in her profile. They are such a nice looking family and Debbie is a sweetheart.

Love, Mikie
  18. little

little Member

For Debbie and her sons. I will keep them in my payers. I didn't see a post about Debbie. Please Mikie give them my Smypathy and I will be praying for them. May God Bless them and watch over them. Gail
  19. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Thought some might like to see this update from my conversation before it rolled over to Page 3.

Love, Mikie
  20. Nikki

Nikki Member

I've been gone from this board for a few days, so didn't get the message until today.

Debbie and her family are in my thoughts and prayers. I pray that God will offer strength and courage in the difficult days ahead.

Love, Sharon

[ advertisement ]