Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cmt49829, Feb 6, 2009.

1. cmt49829

cmt49829 New Member

do you ever get days where you truly truly do not know how you can tolerate any more pain?
    maybe Im just a baby, but I'm to that point right now.
    maybe it's just because I have other issues ontop the FM.
    I had shoulder surgery in october and am still having recovery pain there, I do also have arthritis and a foot that has had 6 surgeries and is full of arthritis, and nerve damage and metal.
    constant pain there, and when the weather changes, it is UNbearable.

Im just SO frustrated right now, I cant stop crying. I feel like I could do anything just to stop this pain for a day.
    I cant even sot still in my chair to relax and watch tv with hubby because the foot pain especially right now is so awful. it is sharp and dull shooting pain.

Im sorry if I sound like a whining baby, I just needed to vent and try to disract myself.

what do you do when you get this bad?
  2. destinygrandma

destinygrandma New Member

When I feel real bad, i try to get into some hot water, this seems to make it feel better. Also its time to take some extra pain meds. To get the relief...

I am sorry you are feeling so bad. The shoulder surgery did not help AT ALL.....

Try a heating pad on your foot....

Prayers to you

Jean Ann
  3. Ii hear you, I am in a similiar situation and feel so low right now. Good luck, lets hope it passes quickly.
  4. momof27

momof27 New Member

I'm sorry you feel so bad, I have gone back to the old fashioned "hot" water bottel , it helps better then most heat things. MOM
  5. hopabout

hopabout New Member

Every time I start whining, I read something like your post and I feel like a whimp..... I am so sorry you have had to endure so much in your life. It's not fair at all. Mine's either for that matter. If you take pain drugs, I assume you are needing a change. The weather issue is so horrible that I can't imagine. For that reason I moved to a desert in South America 17 years ago and walked out of a wheelchair. Not everyone can uproot and just move away from the northern atmosphere..... and I lived in Jacksonville, Florida.

I am not sure if we are allowed to put websites on here. Perhaps you have seen this one but it is the most inspiring message I have ever seen. It is not at all contradicting to PH, but rather one individual who overcame more than you and I will ever see. I am not real sure why the website has such a wierd name, but the content is beautiful, not wierd.
    www.maniacworld.com/are-you-going-to-finish-strong.html You may need to type it in the address block.

Secondly, Blue wrote on messages Feb. 5 or 6 I think, about Superfoods. Go to her question on the message boards and look for my answer under Hopabout..... its the real long one.

I hope it will help you. Think about it.

Good luck. We all care for one another here.... we all share your pain and understand how hard life can be. That's a special comfort to me.

6. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

I don't want to keep getting worse and worse like I am until I die. It's terrible. I wish it wouldn't get so bad. I cannot believe how bad the pain gets. It's unbearable. It's the reason I can't work, I would force myself to push through it if I could but whenever I try it only gets worse in all kinds of ways.

I can't believe how sick I am on top of it. I can totally relate.

7. 3gs

3gs New Member

Know exactly how you are feeling. The last couple of days I thought it was over.

The pain was unbearable meds weren't working and I cried for two days.

I just talk myself thru it(getting harder to do)and think of my grandkids. the weather here changed and oh boy it was bad.
    I to have had mutiply surgeries on foot and have metal also that really gets aching doesn't it?

try warm baths(you can always yell while your in there!)
    hope you feel better
  8. cmt49829

cmt49829 New Member

I am so grateful that you all care enough to read and reply to my threads.

I wont get going on and on but I will say, this is only a tad bit of what Ive been thru.
    the surgery I had in october on my shoulder was the 21st surgery Ive had. 20 of those since feb, 1999.
    on all different things.

thanks for the words of encouragement and web sites and seggestions for relief.

I wish you all pain free days...
  9. kellyann

kellyann New Member

Wow, that is an awful lot of surgeries! I would not get anymore unless it was a real have to thing. I think some doctors are too quick to send a person to surgery. I am so very sorry you are in so much pain. All I can say is that I can relate and I understand how miserable you feel.
    The only thing that keeps me going is my family.

10. rachel76

rachel76 New Member

Have you tried Zostrix cream. It does not get rid of all my pain but it helps a bit. I buy a cheaper non generic form. My Mum puts it on my back for me when I am too weak to put it on. Active ingredient is capsaicin from hot peppers. It absorbs through the skin. It's what doctors used before modern pain killing tablets and stuff. I hope it helps you and I'm not giving you duff advice.

Then there's the hot water bottle.

I don't blame you. You are not whining because I have felt the same myself. People don't recognise how bad the pain etc. can be. I sometimes think that's the hardest part of all.
    Hang on in there.
  11. MsE

MsE New Member

Although I do not have to deal with pain as extreme as yours, I find (as someone else mentioned) that when I have bad leg ache and the deep bone ache that comes with CFS, a hot bath helps--at leat for awhile. I'm so sorry you are hurting. God bless. MsE
  12. marw

marw New Member

I know what you mean. Don't know where you live, but it is has been bad for everyone here in the mid-west. I cried most of the day Saturday myself, and I don't have metal....yet. I'm getting it in my knees, so I guess I will find out.

About your feet. If this heats up the metal or makes it worse, then it's not for you, but I've had great success with hot wax tubs. You can buy one at Walgreen, or similar store, for about $25.00. It takes about 6 hours to melt the wax, then you just leave it at a comfortable temp all the time, and use it twice a day....the directions are good. I used to crawl on my hands and knees when I first awoke the arthritis was so bad, but this treatment has really helped a lot. If you can't do that because of the metal, ask your PT about alternating ice and warm water packs.

My heart goes out to you. No one knows what agonies we suffer through. But remember, it is the pain that causes depression and not the other way for most. Even lowering the pain a little will help....such as with the hot baths, or whatever meds you are allowed.

You are not alone!

13. cmt49829

cmt49829 New Member

in the upper peninsula of Michigan.
    although the past few days we are getting weather in the 30's & 40's, it still bad because its drizzling rain. cold + damp = PAIN

thanks for the suggestions :)