I keep falling.....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by jeanann, Sep 9, 2002.

1. jeanann

jeanann New Member

I have fallen two times in the past week. The first time i fell off the bed. I lost my balance and off i went. Today i was walking with my friend and i slipt on some rocks and fell on my knee and hand. It deels like i am losing my balance. I any one else experiencing this? Also my knees hurt real bad and are sooo stiff, my ankels and hips too. My elbows hurt so bad sometimes!!! Any one identify?? jean ann (((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))
  2. jeanann

jeanann New Member

I have fallen two times in the past week. The first time i fell off the bed. I lost my balance and off i went. Today i was walking with my friend and i slipt on some rocks and fell on my knee and hand. It deels like i am losing my balance. I any one else experiencing this? Also my knees hurt real bad and are sooo stiff, my ankels and hips too. My elbows hurt so bad sometimes!!! Any one identify?? jean ann (((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))
  3. TeresaBnGA

TeresaBnGA New Member

I tend to be off balance quite frequently and sometimes do fall. It is very frustrating, but I have read alot about others and alot of them have this problem also. I use a cane whenever my legs feel weak. It took me awhile to get used to it, but it sure helps with the balance.
    Hope you get to feeling better!

Soft hugs!
    Teresa :)
  4. allhart

allhart New Member

im so sorry i hate hearing when others have this promblem to. mines realy bad,mine is partially caused by tmjyou might want to have your jaw check also tell your dr he might want you to see a neurologist,
  5. liora

liora New Member

My grandma(FM) is having this trouble right now. She keeps falling and she has fractured her back and now recently broken her leg. I thought she was falling becuase she was tripping or losing her balance. We are all a little clumsy in my family!! But I visited recently and I actually witnessed it. She will be standing or walking sometimes leaning on something for support and it's almost as if someone has pushed her hard out of nowhere...like a violent jerking. She has RLS and PLMS and jerks violently when she is waking up and jerks a little less while she is sleeping. She describes her falling in this way: the same feeling you get when you are almost completely asleep and you feel as if you are falling or tripping and your whole body responds by jerking you out of sleep. Could this RLS or PLMS be happening when she is wide awake? Is this what you are experiencing?
  6. selma

selma New Member

Love, Selma
  7. garyandkim

garyandkim New Member

balls and I could not get my balance. I looked so funny. Then they asked me to stand on one foot to see how long I could well I was wabally and made it almost 20 secs. I looked like I was on a moving floor. I walk into things to and sometimes to the side. Don't walk on rocks and remember you must be careful. It's a learing curve me must all learn about our bodies. Our limits and limitaions. Don't get upset just go with the flow and learn to laugh.

Good luck, Kim and Gary
  8. lauraor

lauraor New Member

I very much can relate to you. Im trying to get use to the cane. I feel like some one else has control over my body instead of me. I don't think we ever get used to that. ((hugs)) lauraor
  9. Hidn

Hidn New Member

I know what you are saying! (fractured finger, torn tendon in it, fractured toe, and torn arm )
    (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Hugs for you))))))))))))))))
    Denise
  10. sybil

sybil New Member

lose my balance quite a lot.i tend to be worse for about 3 hours after i get up and when i get tired,which is a lot of the time!

sybilxxx
  11. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

If this is a new symptom for you, it should probably be checked out by a doc, even though bad ballance is a symptom of our illnesses. Any new symptom should always be checked. Better to be safe than sorry. There are other illnesses which mimic ours in the beginning and later turn out to be something else. Also, many people with MS started out with FMS. I'm not trying to scare you but I believe we need to be vigilant.

Love, Mikie
  12. lauraor

lauraor New Member

I have to use a cane most of the time especially in public because I don't want to have to have someone help me up. lauralee