Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by street129, Oct 11, 2009.

1. street129

street129 New Member

HOW DOES ONE MAKE THEIR OWN Kefir, WHAT DO YOU buy and used, i want to make my own but how
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Checked on line? Seem to be lots of sites w/ recipes for making kefir
    and cooking w/ it. Kefir soup, for example.

3. jasminetee

jasminetee Member

I bought freeze-dried Kefir grains from my local health food store. You can also buy them from Amazon:

Check out the Comments at the bottom of the page. Click under the one on the right side where it says Read More and it will display them all and you can read them in order that way.

That's the same kind I just bought. It seems pretty easy to make compared to making it with normal kefir grains, the instructions are right on the package. You might want to use those jars with those lids that can stay 1/2 open while it ferments. I believe they're called canning jars. I haven't made it yet because we're looking for them.

[This Message was Edited on 10/12/2009]
  4. AllWXRider

AllWXRider New Member

For Goat's milk

They also have one for cow's milk. Not sure what the kefir difference is, but goat's milk is easier for most to digest.

Kefir is a live culture, healthy bacteria and all. So cooking destroys that function of it.

Kefir need dairy sugar to live on (lactose). If you're lactose intolerant, perhaps this will fix you up. If the kefir culture uses up any lactose in your colon, then you should be in great shape.