i keep seeing things in my perpherial vision

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia and ME & Chronic Fatigue Syndrome' started by alonebutnotlonely, Feb 26, 2004.

1. alonebutnotlonely

alonebutnotlonely New Member

I keep seeing things or movement in my perpherial vision. At first I thought I was just TIRED. Then I just brushed it off. I has happened so often with increasing regularity that I just can't ignore it any more.

Does this happen to you or anyone you know?

I will make an appointment with the doctor but in the meantime.....

Dee
  2. kellyann

kellyann New Member

Maybe it is some medication you are taking causing your vision problems. Go see your doctor.
    Take Care!
    Kellyann
  3. SueQ

SueQ New Member

Hey Dee,

Me too !! For the past 3 or 4 months I've been seeing black or dark spots , shapes and shadow like figures that all move. This happens mostly when I'm tired or in pain.
    I am due for an eye exam but they just think I'm nuts as I've mentioned this before and the doc just raised one eyebrow and made furious notes on my chart.

I used to have black wiggily worm like floaters and silver shooters out of my right eye only. I got the raised eyebrow for those also.

Now that I read this , I think I need to find a new eye dr.
    I know that there is an explination for these "things" other than a raised eyebrow.

I'll be watching for more responces here, hopefully someone will have some answers.

May God keep you in His love and I'll keep you in my prayers.

Hugs, Susan
    deyjiavuu likes this.
  4. alonebutnotlonely

alonebutnotlonely New Member

We've got more in common than squirrely vision. Maybe it's the water in Ga. More specifically from the river.

Dee
  5. ellcee

ellcee New Member

I have been seeing the same things. My eye doctor also said there was nothing wrong with my eyes, that maybe it was age. I am 47, what will our sight be like in 10 or 20 years? I am constantly seeing things out the corner of my eyes, bright light off to side, or what they call floaters.
    If anyone hears of what the cause is, I would also appreciate knowing.
    ellcee
  6. HuggyMummy

HuggyMummy New Member

get it checked out.

But it may just be floaters that your peripheral vision picks up, but when you focus directly on them you can't see. Apparently peripheral vision can often pick up movement that you then can't see if you look directly where the movement came from - it's all to do with different parts of the retina having different types of receptors and vision - or so we were told at one of our psychology lectures recently.

BUT DO GET IT CHECKED OUT IN CASE SOMETHING ELSE IS INVOLVED.

All the best
    Ruth
  7. gypsysoul

gypsysoul New Member

For the past two weeks, I have been seeing wafts of smoke go across a room or past someone I am talking to. Wisps of grey, black or white. This is the first time I have said anything. What's going on now?

love
  8. sunshine8957

sunshine8957 New Member

auditory hallucinations. I forget which one cause which symptom. I kept seeing a man with a trench coat and hat pushed down over his eyes (I only saw this with my periphial vision. Then Rheumy put me on another med and I started hearing things (AND I DIDN'T HAVE MY HEARING AIDS IN EITHER) so it was really weird. Rheumy took me off that and put me back on the Paxil, which I had no problems with.

You can either check on the web about the med(s) you're on to see if any of them cause visual or auditory hallucinations or call pharmacy in a.m. That way when you go to the doctor you'll have a heads up on which med is probably causing the problems.

It's not your eyes and it's not your mental status - it's one of the meds your on (in my humble opinion).

Hugs and keep us posted!

sunshine8957
  9. vbjess

vbjess New Member

I have had floaters and flashers since I was eight years old. I have always been told that it is nothing to worry about.

But, whenever i'm getting tired now (or in pain, usually going either in or out), I tend to see things that aren't really there... ie, I'll see something dark move on the floor and I'll think it's a cat.. then I'll realize that there isn't a cat in the house! If it's up higher, I usually think it's a person or a curtain falling or something. I'm only on lexapro and fioricet (plus supplements). Another CFIDS cymptom?

Jess
  10. lyrical

lyrical New Member

Hi,
    I see black shadows flying above and around my head. This only happens in certain light. They remind me of bats.

I also see things moving, I always thought that I was just sensitive to ghosts, maybe it's the fibro. I live alone so sometimes it scares the heck out of me.

Take care, Lyrical
  11. ellcee

ellcee New Member

I have been seeing floaters for over 30 years and the bright light in the corners has been occurring for over 10 years but getting worse. The eye doctors say that there is no reason that they can see for these occurrences. My rheumy does not seem to be worried about it, but I will ask my physiatrist next time I see her. I do not believe it is the meds because the problems began before I was put on meds.
    ellcee
  12. kellyann

kellyann New Member

I am on 300mgs of effxer, It makes me have very blurry vision.
    Let us know if you figure out what is causing your vision problem.
    Kellyann
  13. tranquility

tranquility New Member

Check out this http:/www.agingeye.net/visionbasics/flashesandfloaters.php (2 OF 3)
    this neatly explains it all. I had a bad headache after the silver foil like floaters went from my peripheral vision to the center of my vision. I got grumpy feeling 1st then, it felt as though some one turned down the lights to dim then came the pretty foil floaters. The Doc called it Ophthalmic migraine. Also, SCINTILLATING SCOTOMA.
    The website " THE FLOATER WEB "IS A GOOD PLACE TO LEARN ABOUT FLOATERS FROM A PATIENT'S PERSPECTIVE.
    IF THEY COME ON SUDDENLY AND VERY HEAVY IT IS GOOD TO SEE THE EYE DOC.

Good Luck,

Becky tranquility
  14. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

I have had floaters I think all my life. Last few years, have had the white lines that flash for a second at a time, but over the past two months, I have been having exactly the same thing Dee describes. Something is in my peripheral vision, I turn expecting to see - someone, or something- and nothing is there.

Hope you get to the bottom of this Dee. Fondly June
  15. keke466

keke466 New Member

Glad to know I'm not the only one. I've had floaters for several yrs. A few months ago I started seeing faces and eyes when I closd my eyes. This sounds so crazy and everyone laughed at me but I swear it's true. When I'd close my eyes to sleep and of course I was tired,I started to see eyes looking back at me. Then it formed a face and I swear it looks like a tigers face with those dark eyes glaring at me. Don't know where the tigers face came from just used to be smoky waves and spots. My vision has changed and it seems like when I'm tired things are blurry. I worry sometimes because I drive 20 miles to work and work at night. Bright lights bother me and being in sunlight really bothers me. I wear glasses but can't afford to go to the DR and get eyes checked and probably new prescription. ..
  16. ozgran

ozgran New Member

on Friday. Have had floaters for ages and other odd clear shapes which he says is protein floating freely. I also get a white mass rolling up the outside edge of my right eye and that is the eye that becomes sore within the eyesocket. He thinks everything is OK but is going to do a Fields test. In other words a test which looks at the pheripheral edges of the eyes. Ozgran
  17. deyjiavuu

deyjiavuu Member

The floaters are from pieces of your cornea? breaking free and floating around in the eye prior to being flushed away by the natural fluid produced in our tear ducts, ie, tears. The white rolling mass.....cataract? possibly? I have the same issue in my right eye only. For odd reasons, most likely due to lighting conditions, I only see the white movement in my peripheral vision when I am sitting in a certain spot in my living room or standing over my sink in the kitchen. I am learning to teach myself to get use to it, as this is a physical issue as opposed to a paranormal issue. An Opthamologist can easily diagnose the issue for an individual as relating to the eyes and various medical issues generally associated with aging, or medications, etc., which will easily explain for the individual how light affects our vision in such a random play of light, shadow and movements, thereby seemingly deceiving our brains into believing there might be something there, but we're unable to see/detect the object/entity/element directly. Again, most likely a simple medical explanation that is completely normal for most of us. However, I don't want to insinuate the possibility of "paranormal" explanations are not possible. In life, science has proven there are some elements/aspects to our reality, in which we're not "intelligent" enough, or "understanding" enough to grasp and explain. I've read theories on fourth dimensional movement and how we're "trained" to not recognize such activity. To these types of theories I have no intelligent input to offer, as I too am merely a student of life and the universe and all of the wonders or horrors yet to be discovered and understood. :)
  18. jaminhealth

jaminhealth Well-Known Member

I've had floaters for mega years....I take eye support supplements including grape seed extract, eyebright herb, lutein/billberry....

I remind myself to BLINK often and they clear up. jam
  19. MsBrandywine

MsBrandywine Member

Here too.. Have had floaters since a teenager.. back in I think it was 08.. I was helping a friend of mine paint.. outside and one day.. out of nowhere.. I see this black dot .. and I tried not looking at it but.. it was like my eye kept wandering.. and not sure how it happened but it turned into like a spidery looking thing.. so I called the eye dr of my friend that he had went to.. a few times.. ( which I wouldnt ever go to again) but he put drops in my eyes.. this was on a friday afternoon.. the drops never wore off until late sunday.. think he over dosed me but he said I had a Viterous detachment.. he said many people get this and I had a 90 percent chance of it going in my left eye.. so.. I keep thinking Im going to get it but.. thing is. when I went to my eye dr last yr here where I live.. she just called it a floater.. she wanted to do drops but I told her No.. I was alone and driving and wasn't about to take a chance on having an accident.. I know some people will drive but.. anyways.. the lady said that this viterous.. I know I spelled it wrong. lol but she said they're nothing but floaters.. but I do get like a sometimes cloudy like piece of something in there.. and my vision I can see.. ( with my glasses anyways ) but when it is really cloudy.. my vision is blurry.. and once in awhile I think its starting in my left but.. he told me that.. so.. when drs do that.. we tend to believe them and eventually it does.. Power of suggestion???
    But.. I know with the fibro.. Ive read where our vision changes..
    I do eat a good diet.. rarely eat meat.. but I try to eat the fruits and veggies and foods that they say help with our vision.. and our good health...........
    Oh and I did ask about eye drops.. but they burned my eyes.. now she wont do a natural one.. until I go back again.. they have their ways of getting us in there so they can make money.. is what it is..
    I told the Drs receptionist when she called back in 08 for a recheck and I told her point blank.. he wouldnt ever touch my eyes again.. after how long it took.. plus.,. when he put this thing in my eye to keep it open.. he had a hard time getting it out and says.. Oh my gosh its stuck!.. well the lady that was in there with him and myself.. told him .. Good grief don't tell her that.. she gets anxiety and panic attacks.. grrrr.. why would a Dr do such a thing is beyond me.. but.. I informed them that I would not be checking back with him for nothing and he needed to retire.. lol.. and to get him out of there.. and I hung up..