I kinda did 30 minutes of yoga today

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Danille, Apr 29, 2008.

1. Danille

Danille New Member

My doctor has wanted me to do yoga for years now. I just didn't have the strength or the energy, as I'm sure you all understand. I could never do more then 10 minutes. Finally today I did a whole 30 minute yoga tv show. I took breaks during the commercials but still I actually finished it.

It felt so good. Some of it was really hard too. I certainly figured out how short my ham strings are. Many of the poses stretched me in a way that felt as good as massage. I think I may end up loving yoga!

Fit tv is my favorite tv station. I now do yoga, belly dance, and am getting good recipes from the cooking shows there.

I know you don't know me yet. I have been in pain since I was a little kid and I am 43 now. It finally took me out of the 3D world last August. I have ME, a badly broken coccyx with arthritis now, reactive hypoglycemia, asthma, and nerve damage in my spine. I still cant get a diagnosis for my hips but since I sit on them much of teh time and have since I was 8 years old I know the pain is coming from something I've done.

I have been here for a week or so and just found chit chat yesterday.

sweet dreams everyone.
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Danille. I wrote you a welcome message on the "Would this upset you" thread.

Ha det bra

3. Danille

Danille New Member

Thanks Rock. How did you know that I am half Norwegian?

No I haven't been to the museums. I recently took my American Indian husband to my favorite Scandinavian sweets, bread, and gift shop. I buy chocolate there once in a while. He was hilarious. I practice his traditions and live his lifestyle, for 25 years now. He said it was like leaving the U.S. It took forever to get him out of there. Can you imagine me taking him to a Scandinavian museum?

I still love when I hear someone with a Norwegian accent. I lost my Dad when I was 10. I spoke fluent Norwegian with him and a few of my neighbors. After he died mom sold our home and moved us away from all the Vikings and prudes. She was a wild German and American Indian woman. I had a lot of fun with her, but I didn't hear Norwegian spoken for 30 years. I don't recall a single word.

For some odd reason my best friend as a child was Danish and as an adult my closest friends are mostly Swedish.

Thanks for the warm welcome. I hope to meet lots of groovy people here.
  4. sisland

sisland New Member

Welcome to the Board! The Yoga thing is so good for us!,,,,,I do a routine almost everyday after meds,,,,Nothing Fancy,,,or to difficult ,,,,but it makes a huge difference in the pain level,,,,,,,Like Jam said alot of Stretching and some gentle sit-ups,,,,,plus i try to walk 3 days a week,,,,,,,,,I'm from Montana,,,,we are kind of neighbors!,,,,,,,,,Sis
  5. Danille

Danille New Member

I am feeling so much better. I still have awful mornings but my afternoon until pretty late at night I can exercise, cook, make love (which oddly reduces my pain) and I smile a lot.

Finally things seem to be going my way and some of it is due to the people here. I have learned so many new things.
    I'm going to try for an hour of yoga tonight. No telling if I can or not but since it doesn't flare me I'm going to go for it.

Have a blessed weekend y'all.