I know I've posted SWEATING before but...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Lexied, Aug 21, 2003.

1. Lexied

Lexied New Member

I sweat like crazy too!! ALL the time! It is so horrible, embarrasing and physically "draining". I have tried switching my meds around and that hasn't even worked. I am wondering, since we all take different types of medications for FM symptoms, do yall think the sweating comes directly from the Fibromyalgia itself?!?!

Hugs - Lex
    [This Message was Edited on 08/21/2003]
  2. tjlibby

tjlibby New Member

Lex
    I sweat to.. I also have Lupus and I thought it was from prednisone. Now I think it is from fibro. I get embarrased too. Good Luck I will keep my eye on your post. Teri
  3. rivergal

rivergal New Member

HI, I am from Indiana, I sweat ALOT to BUT from my neck up. That is WEIRD I thought, my hair get soaked, & is embarrsing....Got my hair cut short & wear a cold rag around my neck....& Drink alot of water..Good-Luck
    [This Message was Edited on 08/21/2003]
  4. achy

achy New Member

My rhumy says its the fibro. I've changed meds but no difference.

I also sweat from the neck up...I usually look like I just washed my hair cause it gets soaked...then i start to drip.... YUCK
    I notice if I'm in a lot of pain i sweat more too.

I bought those bandana things wiht the gel that you soak in water...it helps for about 5 mins.

If anybody finds a solution let me know...I'm the one in the corner melting....

Achy
  5. Shirl

Shirl New Member

It is a symptom of FM, read Devin Starlanyl's books. I do not take meds, and I was sweating like crazy, wet hair, clothes, even my feet sweat barefoot!

Its been better since I am taking magnesium, but I still sweat sometimes, especially at nightime.

I do not know of anything other than the magnesium that has helped with this for over 16 years now.

Shalom, Shirl

6. Dogtired

Dogtired New Member

I used to only sweat during exercise - which is where I like to (only). Now I sweat at work during the day. Some said hotflashes, but a bit early for that.
    I hate it. I mostly sweat from the neck up, too. Weird. I guess our bodies temp regulators are 'off'.
    I feel melted by the middle of the day - never used to do that. I used to be the cold type. It has been a real switch for me.
    Also, when I drink too much caffeine, it gets worse.(I KNOW I need to quit!!).
    -Kristi :)
  7. catsii

catsii New Member

I've just this morning read an article that profuse sweating can be caused by toxins. That we should detoxify to control. This particular article suggested like a juice fast for a full day and then just fruit only for a full day..not consecutive days. Read article at laundromat..but plan to get a copy of it since i can't remember all the details..It was in a hardbound book.

Anyone else know anything about this?

Good luck,
    Catsii
  8. libra55

libra55 New Member

Yeah, I sweat like crazy. When I was on Celexa, it was worse. Strong, acrid, vinegary-smelling perspiration. I was literally drenched with it. Even off the Celexa I still sweat. My worst area is my chest, between my breasts little pools of sweat will collect and sometimes it makes pimples. Sweat runs down my back a lot too. I have to shower and change my clothes at least 3 times a day. I just try to keep control of it with plenty of showers, soap, cornstarch baby powder and a good deodorant, but it ain't easy! I leave wet marks on furniture after my body has been there, which is very embarrassing. Thank God for central AC!

Michelle
  9. PatPalmer

PatPalmer New Member

Is apparently caused by having an overactive thyroid.

Pat.
  10. catsii

catsii New Member

I do not have a thyroid problem. I sweat when i'm not exerting myself. I sweat when i'm not all that hot. I have had this problem for years but it's gotten worse since my fm .. which was diagnosed many years ago. Water pours from my head, i have night sweats. The plus for me if there is one..there is no odor...just constant sogginess!

Good luck
    catsii
  11. lucky

lucky New Member

and sweating buckets from the neck up. I am sure after reading quite a few messages that it is not all the fault of meds many of us are taking, but that the Fibro is causing it to begin with.
    Sincerely, Lucky