I know this has nothing to do with fibro but....Yippie for me...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Carlacat, Nov 16, 2002.

1. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

I havent had a cigarette since 10:00 pm thursday night. I'm using the patch but I just pray I can do it. Just thought I'd share.
    Carlacat
  2. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

I havent had a cigarette since 10:00 pm thursday night. I'm using the patch but I just pray I can do it. Just thought I'd share.
    Carlacat
  3. dolsgirl

dolsgirl New Member

Congrats to you! And hang in there. The first 3 days (72 hours) is the physical withdrawal, after that it's all mental. Try to get your head in a healthy place for after the physical part. Hang in there. Smoking is a KILLER. Your doing a very good thing for you! dolsgirl
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Sweetie, this has everything to do with our illnesses. Good for you. I pray for you success in your decision to do yourself such a huge favor in eliminating one of the worst scourges to health that was every discovered by man. I am smoke free now about 18 years and have never regretted stoping smoking. Bless you.

Love, Mikie
  5. karen55

karen55 New Member

Be strong! You can do it! Your body will thank you.
  6. Kathryn

Kathryn New Member

Right now the stress that quiting would cause would have me doing something that would get me on death row. If for no other reason, I should quit because of the expense. I did quit once in 1980 for several years, and during that time I had at least one major bout with asthma per year. During the 20 years before, and the 15 years since I restarted, I have had only one incident, and that was caused by an anesthetist injecting me with a drug that I am allergic to. My doctor periodically runs a battery of tests on me and they always come back "normal", which irritates the %&*# out of him, but he no longer advises me to quit. Gary refuses to quit because every one of his relatives who quit smoking dropped dead in less than a year after quitting, from causes unrelated to smoking. This time he is spending in the hospital for pneumonia might change his mind and, if so, I will do all in my power to quit again, making sure we have epinephrin in the fridge at all times.
    Kathryn
  7. Carlacat

Carlacat New Member

I have so much stress going on right now from fighting ins companys trying to get my short term check so I can at least pay my bills and maybe have a turkey for Thanksgiving. Stressing trying to come up with money to get my perscriptions,I could go on and on but I've made of my mind and the stress will always be in my life one way or another so I cant use that for an excuse. Taking control is the big thing cause I may not have control over my FM, neuropathy, but I do have control to quit smoking and thats one thing I'm still in control with. Yes its hard but set your mind to it and just do it.
    Thanks all for the encouragement,
    Carlacat
  8. marinemom

marinemom New Member

I am in the process of "trying" to quit. The best I have done is to cut my smoking in half. I have neither the patience nor the nerves of steel to quit cold turkey.

I'm on Wellbrutin now so I'm hoping that will help. But, with a 12 year old that is "out to get me" and a MID husband (Missing In Dallas) I'm not sure that even Walgreens would have enough valium to help!

My hats off to you, honey. You stay strong. I'm just not that strong yet.

Kathy