I know this was asked before..but I'll ask again

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Aeronsmom, Apr 22, 2006.

1. Aeronsmom

Aeronsmom New Member

I need to live somewhere where it is not very cold in the winter and not humid in the summer I suffer in the winter and summer and I just don't know how much more I can handle another Canadian winter, who is happy where they are with there seasons. yesterday we hit 30 and even tho I'm glad it's not winter this is still a bit much for me, I can handle between 20-25.

thanks for this repeat of a question. Ann
  2. jakeg

jakeg New Member

I would think some where toward the middle of the USA. Arizona and in that general region.

I know a lot of people that had major health problems and most of them have moved to the region around Arizona.

My wife has relatives there and we visited them 2 years ago during may and it was really nice.

You may want to reword your title though so that more people would know what your question is about.

Take Care

Jake
    [This Message was Edited on 04/22/2006]
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

And the winters are very mild. Thing is that it isn't always the cold and snow which bother us. If there is one cold front after another, as happens in the middle of the country, the rapid changes in pressure can play havoc with our health.

CO is very dry, the air is thin, and near the foothills of the mountains, it is very polluted in the winter from temperature inversions. Even when the temperatures drop in the winter and it snows, the sun usually comes out and melts it. It can get up to 60 degrees in the wintertime. The weather is very changeable there.

I had to move because I had asthma from the dry air. I now live in humid FL and do much better.

Problem is that what is paradise to one person is hell to another. Many of us have found the best place to live by trial and error. Good luck to you.

Love, Mikie
  4. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

doesn't get to humid here at al...but can get hot a few weeks aout of the year...but the cost of living is expensive and wages do not keep up with it////

i can't imagine the cold weather in michigan...i lived there for 23 yrs...glad i'm not there...but who knows i may need to move back if my financial woes don't get much better or if i can not get a good enough paying job that i can physically do..

still waiting for my section 8 choice voucher,,,that will be a god send for me////

jodie
  5. skyeone

skyeone New Member

That is an incredibly good question, I can't answer it for you, as like someone else had mentioned, what is one persons paradise is the next persons hell. For me, I can't have it too cold, nor can I have it too hot. Go figure I live in one of the worst provinces for temp changs..lol big ole Manisnowba as my kids call it!

The winters here can get down to as much as -40 and summers as high as 40. 80 degree temp changes is not a good thing for people in our condition. Now if the weather would stay the way it has been over the last 2 days for the rest of the summer, I'd be in my glory. It's been a whopping 22 degrees only. Very beautiful, not too hot, dry or humid.

I hope you find a good place to live, the reason i answered your post was simply to let you know, that this would certainly not be the place for you if temps are a problem.

Hugs and best of luck
    Skye
  6. jaltair

jaltair New Member

..is St. George, Utah. The climate is high desert and fairly dry. However, the monsoons do come from the Gulf, and there is a fair amount of humidity. The temps can get up into the 100's in the summer, but not much over 40 in the winter, so no freeze.

It's beautiful, healthy, and very reasonable as far as cost of living. Plus, there are many, many golf courses, and it's only about 1 1/2 hours from Vegas and 30 minutes from Mesquite .. great places to find some fun!

You should pay a visit to that portion of the country. There are magnificent places to visit only an hour or two away. Some of the greatest National Parks ever!

I feel so much better there. I have so many allergies, but in that climate, my allergies are gone. My pleurisy is better there as well.

7. eeyoreblue02

eeyoreblue02 Member

and we get all of the seasons here. It is never too terribly cold. Yes, it gets below freezing, but winters are short.

Summers are a bit humid sometimes. I think the biggest problem is allergies. I have been told this is the worst area in U.S. for allergies.

All in all, I like it, but then again, I've never lived anywhere else so what do I know? LOL

Linda
  8. Tmprincess

Tmprincess New Member

I live in Northern VA (right outside D.C.), but have lived and traveled all over the state of VA and can vouch for the state of VA as a good place to live!

All of our seasons are pretty mild here. We occasionally get our snow storms (more in the mountains)... but for the most part winter is mild with temps avg. in 20-30's.

Right now temps are varying between 65-80.... Hottest months are July and August when temps can sore into the high 90's. I have heat sensitivities, and I try to stay cool and inside during the heat of day during these months... but, the evening are cool.

It's a beautiful state to see, with lots to do!

TM~
  9. Manwithfibro

Manwithfibro New Member

The humidity here bothers me to death. I am thinking of moving somewhere dry.

10. zblue

zblue New Member

I live in Las Vegas, NV now but have also lived in Phoenix, AZ. Both have mild winters and very HOT, dry summers (over 100 degrees fahrenheit). Hope this info. helps. Karyn