I know what is the cause of my flare

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rosemarie, Jun 25, 2006.

1. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

MY Husband is. HE has been so sick for the past week that I have been really concerned as he is diebetic also. So after spending the week with what we both thought was the flu and the direaaha turned in to dibectic Kyetosis {SP}.
    This morning he was so sick and exhusted from all the throwing up and just being sick that he fially agreed to let me take him to the ER.

SO believe me we went off as quick as I couold get him there. I was thinking that he was having a hard time breathing as he was almost gasping at times.

AT the ER we learned that his sugars were really HIGH and he was really sick at first I was told that he had diebetic shock and could have cone in to a coma from this. That scared me.. So much that I almost lost it. But since he { the hubby} had let me stay in the rooom at the ER and hear first hand what the doctors had to say was a surprise to me , he usually does not want me in there as I might ask a question and bug the doctor and not let him do his job.

But he was so sick that my being there didn't matter. AFter all the blood work and two IV's of saline solutition we learned that he was going to the ICU . And his doctor would take it from there.
    I spent a while at the hospital but he was just not resting and i had calls to make so I went home and called the kids and told them what was going on. I was not surpirsed at the responces they all had.
    Mom Dad needs to start eating less carbs and eat better so his sugar does not get so high {The last time we took the kids to dinner and came home his sugar was over 500. Yes I know that is FAR to HIGH but he just took some insulin and he was ok....

And this is how he treats this illness just when it flares up and he gets sick. I hope that the doctor will have him see a nuturtionist so that he will learn how to eat better and be in control of this illness.

I am on my way to the Hospital now.And I am so tired and acheytr that is not what he does he will wait it out and of course he ususally gets better and still does not get checked out by a doctor. And not just a GP but someone who dreats diebeties. Darn it my legs ache adn my hips are throbbing to and I stil have to go to the hospital tonight as there are some bills that have to be paid and he is the one that pays them as it is his CHECKING ACCOUNT NOT MINE,
    Why won't he share this load and let me help sometimes, I am not going to run off with his money but just pay the bills. You don't know just how badly I hurt now and feel so rotten adn tired adn almost in tears.

Hopefully tomorrow he will be better some what,
    Thanks for listending
    Rosemarie
  2. JLH

JLH New Member

I am so sorry to hear that your DH is so very sick. Diabetes is such a serious problem. He sounds like the way my father was, whose diabetes ended up out of control and him into renal failure and on dialysis. He also ended up with an amputation.

Maybe when he gets home, he will see that he needs some help and will let you help him.

I'll say a prayer for him ... and wish him a speedy recovery.

Love,
    Janet
  3. zion1971

zion1971 New Member

i am not that old, but i have learned that men don't handle illness very well. i have witnessed it in my family and others. you are in my prayers.