I learned a great lesson yesterday

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cjcookie, Nov 25, 2005.

1. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

A complete stranger told me I had a beautiful smile and nice dimples. Do you know how great that made me feel? I haven't felt like I've had a nice anything for over two years. I realized how sucha little thing could make a person feel really good about themselves. I told myself I was going to compliment someone every day (every day that I am anywhere to compliment someone).

Also, a few days ago, a friend of mine came over and raked my leaves because the leaf guys were coming the next day. I told her that was the nicest thing anyone has done for me in a long time. She knew I was having a really hard time lately. Wow, I'm lucky to have such a nice friend.
  2. Tigger57

Tigger57 New Member

It is so nice to hear a compliment from a complete stranger.

I was at a restaurant one time, waiting for my Chinese food and had a nice skirt on and my legs were crossed. Now,keep in mind my legs have always been my worst feature as far as I was concerned.

So, this man walked and and told me I had beautiful legs. He was a much older man and not hitting on me or anything. It was just a statement. As soon as I got home that night I called my Mother to tell her because I was so excited.

It still stays with me. When I start cursing my "huge legs", I remember that man. I guess we don't always have an accurate view of ourselves.
    Hugs,
    Tigger