I lost in court

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TeaBisqit, Sep 8, 2008.

1. TeaBisqit

TeaBisqit Member

This was the estate lawsuit, where I was being sued over property my mother owned. The judge didn't listen to me at all. He only listened to the attorney for the other side and the attorney for the estate. I was pretty much ignored. Both lawyers ate me up like sharks. And I didn't have anyone representing me because my own lawyer didn't think I would need him. But I did. I got confused on dates and they tried to make it look like I was lying when I wasn't. I really didn't know what dates. I didn't get to say anything except the few points that I really felt were important. The thing is, the judge didn't care.

The other side admitted that I was paid up when I left. They admitted that they got my notice of moving. They tried to lie and say there were utility bills, but I was able to shoot them down on that since I had the final bills with me. They all admitted that I didn't own the property, didn't have any legal rights to it except to live in. And they admitted that I was not executrix of my mother's estate. The judge still didn't care.

The judge hit me with a judgment of $2700 for the six months of lot rent on the place since I moved out! I am supposed to pay six months of rent on a place I no longer live in and was paid up on when I moved out. It's like saying I wasn't allowed to move from a month to month lease. None of it makes any sense.

I have ten days to appeal it or they will freeze my bank account and rip the money out of it. My lawyer wants me to appeal it, but it will cost me almost a thousand dollars to do that. And if I lose, I have to pay that, plus the judgment. So I don't know what to do.

Needless to say, I'm incredibly sick from this and I was crying for hours. And no one took into account that I'm not okay. They just acted like I was healthy.

When I got home, I had the heart pain again. I'm really not okay. And this stuff is going to kill me off :( I feel like I am being punished for my mother's death. And everyone has abandoned me. I've never felt more alone.
  2. jmq

jmq New Member

I am so sorry to hear what happened! I feel so bad and have no idea what to advise you. The only thing I can think of...is why didnt your atty go with you...and if he thought you did not need him...and THIS happened, I think he owes you and should NOT charge you for the appeal!!!

I just wanted to reach out and give you a big hug and tell you ...at least here...You are NOT alone.

3. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

That's just terrible!

I'm trying to avoid posting to anything really serious because I'm deeply stoopid just now but I can't stop myself here. What a horrible, dreadful, awful, stinking, miserable thing to happen!

You're not alone. We aren't alone. You are truly cherished here. Truly!

You are not alone.

LEFTYGG Member

cant you get legal aid for free? can you remove money or are you on disability.

the system is so bad a woman my daughter knows is on section 8 and just bought a $40,000 sports car 2 seater she has 4 kids.

ive never had sucess with lawyers for problems ive had
    (except disability) but if hes been a good lawyer for you and the appeal takes time then its worth it.

i feel bad for you i know i dont have the strength to fight i hope it works out . love Gail