I Lost My Fur Baby

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by monica33flowers, Jan 29, 2008.

1. monica33flowers

monica33flowers New Member

I'm not real sure what happened to my baby, Asa (cat), but I lost him today. My heart is so heavy that in such a short amount of time that my baby is gone. The vet tried to save him but they think a blood clot went to his brain.

I am going to miss him SO very much since he was my baby.
  2. dotti51

dotti51 New Member

I'm so sorry you last cat. It will ease some what, but it will take time, and I know you don't want to really hear that. You'll then remember the funny thing s about Asa. It's so hard to know the right thing to say at this time. Just know, I do know what you're going through, as I lost 2 dogs a week apart in Oct. 07. Take care, and I hope eventually you'll be able to think on the good times with Asa.

3. sisland

sisland New Member

Sweetie i'm so sorry to hear this! It's so hard to lose them! I lost a furbaby sept 2006,,,,it was horrible! I'll say alittle prayer for you! This too will pass as they say!,,,,,,,,,,There's a poem called the "Rainbow Bridge",,,i'll find it and be back!,,,,,,,,,,,,,Hugs!,,, Sis
  4. laceymae

laceymae New Member

I am so sorry about your fur baby. I know it hurts so much to lose out little babies.

hhugs to you...lacey
  5. painterZ

painterZ New Member

I understand the heartache. I've lost several of my furry children through the years. I hope your pain will soon be filled with many warm memories of Asa.

Warm thoughts.

6. sisland

sisland New Member

"The Rainbow Bridge"

There is a bridge connecting heaven and earth
    called the rainbow bridge,,Because of it's colors.
    Just this side of the bridge is a land of Meadows,hills
    and Valleys, with lush green grass.

When a beloved pet dies, the pet goes to this place.
    There is always Food and Water and warm spring wheather.
    The old and frail animals are young again, Those who are
    Mamed are made whole again,,They play togeather all day.

There is only one thing missing, They are not with the
    special Person who loved them on earth, Each day they run
    and play until the day comes when one suddenly stops and
    looks up,,The nose twitches, the ears are up, the eyes
    are staring and this one suddenly runs away from the

You have been seen! When you and your special friend
    meet you take him in your arms and embrace, Your face is
    kissed again and again,,you look once more into the eyes
    of your trusting friend! Then you cross the Rainbow
    Bridge Togeather Never to be separated again!

I hope this helps you feel Better!,,,,,,,,,Sis

7. fivesue

fivesue New Member

I'm so sorry. Losing a pet, especially a cat, is just awful. Was he young?

I'm so sorry, again.

Take time to mourn. It is such a loss.

Think I'll give my Felix an extra hug or two today.

8. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

I am so sorry Monica. Our pets are so dear to us. Nothing can replace the loyaty of your pet. I hope with time you can get over this. You will be in my prayers.
  9. ksp56

ksp56 Member

I'm very sorry.

Asa must have been a very special cat. And you, a wonderful person to love and nurture him

My thought's will be with you..

Very gentle hugs,

10. bevy2most

bevy2most New Member

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I hope you find some comfort here.

11. frosty77

frosty77 New Member

I am so, so sorry! My eyes filled with tears just reading your post.
  12. Kristina512

Kristina512 New Member

I don't care what people say, Pets are family!! I am so sorry for your loss. Try to remember the good times!
  13. book629

book629 New Member

I am so sorry for your loss. My pets are such a comfort to me, I understand how your heart must be breaking. Take care of yourself, hugs
  14. SPR30

SPR30 New Member

My heart goes out to you hun,I am so sorry for your loss but you will be reunited. I do not like the term 'pet'.
    Special animals are our babies and we love them just as much or more than any human in our life. {{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}
  15. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Awwwww, Monica, I'm so sorry. Those fuzzy friends leave a big hole in our hearts when they go. After my two old guys died I swore I'd never get another cat - and here I am with Miss Sophie. Give yourself time to mourn. It will take awhile.

Hugs to you,

16. tonakay

tonakay New Member

I'm so sorry to read about your furbaby Asa. I lost my best friend, Maggie dog in September. She was 14 and the best dang friend I ever had, she slept with me every night and followed me everywhere. I had her cremated and she's now in my room with me where she loved to be and her collar lays on her pillow on my bed.

I know how bad your heart hurts, mine hasn't quit yet, don't think it ever will!

Lots of hugz,
  17. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

I had a special one i lost also, no replacing him.

18. monica33flowers

Words cannot explain how all of your special messages meant to me.

My Asa was such a special fur baby. He was my first "rescue" and I've only had him a short 10 years. I thought he would be with me for many more years. I'm still just shocked that he is gone.

Whenever I was in a bad flare he was the one who always cuddled with me and loved me unconditionally.

Dotti51: I'm so sorry you lost both of your babies in such a short amount of time. That had to be just awful.

Sis: Thank you so much for posting the "Rainbow Bridge" poem. That is one of my favorites. Thank you for your understanding my grief right now.

Lacymae, PainterZ, Fibromickster, Lindlyl 39, ksp56, bevy2most, Kristina52, book629 (I hope I'm not missing anyone). Thank you for your condolences. My heart will be heavy for quite some time.

Frosty: I'm sorry I made you cry....I know he is in a better place but it is just so hard to let go.

Snog: Part of the poem you posted is part of the Rainbow Bridge poem. Actually, if you read above Sis posted the poem in its entirety.

FiveSue: Asa was 10 years old. But you would have never guessed it by the way he flew around our house. He still just acted like a kitten. Give your baby a hug from me also!

Marta: Thank you for your uplifting post. When my Claire passed away I swore I wouldn't get another cat but 'lo and behold two more adult kitties found me and needed a good home.

Tonakay: Asa slept with me all the time as well. His nickname was "Shadow" because wherever I went he followed. I'm so sorry to hear about your baby. I keep looking around the corner into the bedroom expecting to see him lying on the bed.

MorningSonShine: What a beautiful picture of you and your horses, I've always loved horses they are truly gentle giants. Thank you for understanding how I feel, it means a lot!

Elliespad: Thank you!
  19. doxygirl

doxygirl New Member

As you can tell I love my dachshunds "doxygirl" :)

I have lost a few over the years and it takes me weeks before I can talk or think about it without crying!

So my dear friend.....do what you have to do ......there will never be another Asa...but in time you will be able to think more and more about the happy memories your baby left you with!

I can tell by your post that your sweet baby had a very good life and always remember that your baby knows that....you are a special mom to take care of an animal like you did and to love it like you have....

furbabies that have owners like you are the lucky ones.....

there are so many that are neglected and abused so remember yours did not have to deal with that life instead your baby was loved and cared for......

Thank you from one animal lover to another for taking such good care of your furbaby and for loving him like you did....

you deserve the peace of knowing he is now in pet heaven and is healthy and happy looking down on you precious lady "saying ...don't cry mom Iam ok thank you for loving me and for giving me the life you did...I LOVE YOU MOMMY"

I hope you feel better soon if you need to talk you can write to me I do understand!
  20. monica33flowers

Fight: My baby is the last cat in the line. LOL. He is the dark striped tiger kitty.

Doxygirl: I will have to come back and read your post when my eyes dry up a bit. Just reading the first two paragraphs I'm in tears. He was a wonderful little boy who loved me unconditionally. We had 10 wonderful years together but I sure wish we had another 10 years. Thank you, sweetheart for truly understanding my grief at this time!