I Love my Heated Mattress Pad

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by crumpton, Dec 27, 2005.

1. crumpton

crumpton New Member

I bought a heated mattress pad made by Sunbeam and I just love it. With the cold weather and I live in FLorida (please don't laugh at what I think is cold) it helps so much! I love to sleep my nap and at night on it, in fact some days I don't want to get up.

It can be bought at any department store or online. I have dual control and my husband doesn't use his side but I crank mime up every night.

This is on top of a memory foam topper and I am in heaven. I wish I had bought it before! Heat works well for me.
  2. musikmaker

musikmaker New Member

Heat is my friend also. I am always using a heating pad. Going to find this online now!
  3. Juloo

Juloo Member

My father-in-law has Sjogren's and other problems and is very, very thin. He's cold all the time. I've been after him to get one of these, but he's SO STUBBORN. I'm glad to hear that it is working for you. Maybe I'll just get one and put it on his bed without him knowing!
  4. 1horse

1horse New Member

I love my heated pad a lot better than the electric blanket, and I live in arizona....lol.... just got back from w.va. now that was cold...and SNOW..BURRRRR hugs peggy
  5. cczub

cczub New Member

a heating pad and a electric blanket... I love them both. The pad works great to target those painful spots(usually my back and hips) and the electric blanket helps keep the rest up my body warm. The one thing I notice though is it's great when I'm using it but afterwards and I'm cooling off... the pain comes right back. Another thing I love to use are those disposable heating pads.. When the pain is real bad and I'm at work I slap one of those on and they last the whole day!

Heat is one of my best friends!
  6. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

I am having alot of trouble with pain in my hips waking me up at night and last night when I turned over it hurt so bad it woke me up. I logged on here to see what y'all had to say about them and found this thread.

I ran out the WalMart and bought me one. I tried it out when I got home and it was heavenly. I can't wait until bedtime! I got the twin size to go just under me because I knew my "hot blooded" husband would never go for a heated mattress pad. I got the twin for less than $30.

Thanks for everyone here who shares so freely the things that help them so others can benefit too.

Sonya
  7. bpmwriter

bpmwriter New Member

i had one many years ago and it got ruined during a move. i just got a new one for christmas. it's bliss. though i always get grief from my acupuncturist when it comes up; she believes the proximity to the electricity is bad for our bodies. i can't help myself. i use mine anyway.

eddie
  8. tandy

tandy New Member

and don't even have one!! lol
    I just know I'd love it!!
    I have'nt been able to afford one yet.
    :( no pity party,.... I'll get one someday~

Sooooo,..come on now,...make me laugh (at least a giggle) how cold is cold??
    Keep in mind I'm in NY.

and its nice today :) a high of 39.

Hugs
    Tandy

9. crumpton

crumpton New Member

I am so glad that other people have tried this one simple thing and have felt relief! I absolutely love mine. It keeps me much warmer than even my husband! (Over more of my body anyway! I wish they made a warm pillow cover too! This would help my head and neck more.

I tried to find one during the summer in FL and had no luck, was so glad to find them in FL in the fall and winter months.

I bought my father one for Christmas and now he loves his too!!
    [This Message was Edited on 01/08/2006]
  10. crumpton

crumpton New Member

Well to me when it gets to 50, it is cold. I'm sorry, please don't laugh toooo hard! My blood is thin! Last night we had freeze warnings!! For two nights in a row!! Wow!

But oh well it is back to 70's tomorrow.
    Please don't throw a snowball at me! :)
  11. bpmwriter

bpmwriter New Member

50 degrees feels like 30 in florida. i had never thought about it before, but it's the humidity. it's such a damp cold. i'd always associated the humidity with summer but it gets you in the winter too. i live in florida (for now) but don't call me a fan! ok, i'm going to go lay down by the fire now.

eddie
  12. paintinglady

paintinglady New Member

I'm so glad you mentioned this. I got one for Christmas from my dau. but haven't put it on the bed yet. My husband makes our bed and he doesn't like heat so he conveniently forgets...smile. And me, I just plain forgot. I think I will help him make the bed this time. Gosh, it has duel control.
    Carol
  13. crumpton

crumpton New Member

I don't feel like such a wimp now that you said this. I never really thought about this because I have lived in FL most of my 50 years.

I do know tho that when I went out west to Park City, Utah during spring break one year with my daughter to visit a friend that had moved there from FL, she kept telling me that it didn't feel as cold because it was a dry cold.

WELLLL! I don't know about her but it still felt cold to me. I guess I am a wimp after all :)
  14. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

As for the cost - I got mine at WalMart for $29 for a single. It would be too hot for my husband so I just got one for my side. It is not very hot, just warm. I put it on high to get warm at night while I read before sleep. The skin on my legs stays cold to the touch alot of times.

I have to turn it down to one or two for sleep. It does not keep me from waking up stiff though. I like it for warmth, but it was not what I expected.

Sonya
  15. crumpton

crumpton New Member

Sonya I am sorry that it odesn't help you and I am sorry if I built it up to much to help.

I do wake up better after being warm all night, except my neck and head because it doesn't get the heat. I do have some nights with night sweats and then I turn it down and then I freeze and then I turn it up again. A cycle , but most nights it is great for me.

The foot section of the mattress pad helps me not to get cramps in my feet and big toes from being cold. I hate those.

ALso my legs cramps are better and my hips.

I wish that it would have helped you better. I am so sorry if I led you astray.
  16. lvjesus

lvjesus Member

No apology necessary!! I love the warmth when I get in the bed to read. It just does not give as much relief as I had hoped. Shirl and others had lots of good things to say too.

I appreciate all the info here. It is the only place I know of to get real help.

:)
    Sonya