I lurk, therefore, here I am

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Tattoopixie, Feb 14, 2003.

1. Tattoopixie

Tattoopixie New Member

Hello- I have been lurking on this board since last year & I finally decided to poke my head out & say hi to all of you. I really appreciate this message board. You all seem to be an intelligent bunch & offer many good suggestions. I was dx'd last year w/DDs FMS/CFIDs, also have osteoarthritis, IBS, insulin resistance, depression, & anxiety. I also have promblems w/TMJ & tumors in my chin. I stopped working in June of 2002 & have applied for SSDI. I had my 'mental exam' today & it was 4hrs of fun. I did some things really well & others I could not even comprehend.I will let the board know when I get an answer back from SSI. I live in Tucson, AZ w/my 2 cats & my 2 sons. I am 40 yrs old. I love to read & play mahjongg on my pc.I look forward to being a part of this community!
    ***Pixie***
  2. catgal

catgal New Member

So glad you decided to join us. Yes, this is a wonderful Board with alot of knowledgeable, caring, and compassionate people. You are never alone for there is usually someone posting even in the wee hours of the mornings on nights that sleep is elusive.

What do you take for your FM/CFS? I also have osteo/psoriatic/rheumatoid arthritis, IBS, degenerative disc disease with multiple back problems, asthma/allergies, and just recently diagnosed with nerve damage from the top of my neck down to my feet. I am 53 and have had FM/CFS for over 35 years.

I'm sure others will along to welcome you. I know you will make alot of good friends here and definitely receive some much needed support and understanding. {I also have 5 cats.} Happy Valentine's Day to You! Carol....
  3. Lendi

Lendi New Member

I'm pretty new here, but would like to welcome you. There truly is a wealth of information and lots of terrific people here. I've only been diagnosed with CFS since January, but also have a sleep disorder, hypothyroid, high blood pressure, and carpal tunnel. Oh, and the almighty depression that many Dr.s seem to thing is the cause of all this. Hope to see you around more. Lendi
  4. LauraLea

LauraLea New Member

Hope you find useful info here, I'm sure you will. I bet you are able to give us info as well

I just turned the big 40 last year too! I love AZ my husband and I are going to retire there. Currently live in So Cal.

Hope to talk with you again soon.

Take care and good to have you here.....
    Laura

BTW do you sell your dream catchers?[This Message was Edited on 02/14/2003]
  5. starstella

starstella New Member

I'm glad you decided to write and not just lurk. I'm fairly new to the board. I have found it to be a wonderful "mental health" boost and look forward to logging on each day to see what has been posted. How reassuring to know that others have the same problems! Have also found some of the suggestions regarding medications/treatments to be very helpful.
  6. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

Its nice to have you join us. Looking forward to getting to know you more.
  7. Tattoopixie

Tattoopixie New Member

Thanks for all the warm welcomes.
    To answer your questions, I currently take:
    Neurontin 300mg at bedtime
    Ativan 1mg at bedtime
    Flexeril 10mg (?) at bedtime
    Zoloft 100mg a day
    Celebrex 100mg 2x a day
    Morphine Sulfate for breakthrough pain - altho it makes me very nauseous- so am trying more Neurontin in place of it.
    At this time I am not selling my dreamcatchers as I have not been making many, but thank you for the inquiry-they are usually given as gifts to family members.
    I look forward to getting to know you all better.
    ***Pixie***
  8. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I'm glad you are here! This is a great place, as you probably know already, for information & advice on these DDs.

I love Arizona! And I imagine it's probably as good a climate as you can get for care of our illnesses. I moved to Kansas from CA recently, and the weather has been wreaking havoc on my FM, though it wasn't a surprise; I had lived in the midwest years ago & knew what to expect. But otherwise, the move's been the best thing for our whole family, so I'm "adjusting".....

I have a husband, teenage daughter & 2 cats, also. Never had a cat until a few years ago; now I'm hooked!

Take care, Pixie & come here often!

Hugs,
    Pam
  9. Kay2

Kay2 New Member

Yes as you already know this board has great info on it. My hubby is from Tuson.Marana area!! My family is from Nevada. We are talking about maybe moving out west again. We miss the open desert and doing out doorsy things. Its just way to hot here in Tennessee in the summer time, to do anything out doors I cant handle the humidity. I can handle the dry heat though. My friend in Alaska makes dream catchers. They are beautiful. Welcome and enjoy! Linda