i`m finding work and life so hard

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by princessloulou, Nov 7, 2006.

1. princessloulou

princessloulou New Member

Wat do i do i would really love to quit my job. But feel that i would be giving up and also leaving my husband to support us all. Is there anything i can claim??????
    Life has been very stressful these last few months as my kids have been caught up in a abuse case against my mother in laws boyfriend.
    She is standing by her boyfriend??????????????
    In the middle of all of this i was at last diagnosed with fm i have been on lots of pain killers and sleeping tablets.
    But to be honest i am feeling so low i just feel like i am dragging myself through this horrible life.
    Don`t really know how much more i can take?
  2. SweetT

SweetT New Member

It is literally your money or your life. You can get more money or another job later. If I had a husband, especially one that made enough to support my children and I, I would quit work without a doubt. Oftentimes, the money spent on gas money, clothes, lunch money, holiday parties, etc., can go towards bills once you quit. If you can take a medical or personal leave of absence to see if you can recuperate, I'd say do it.
  3. Vitter

Vitter New Member

This is where I am right now in my life. I really want to be able to do things, but right now I just don't feel like it. So many people say just try. I don't like it when they say that.

I too feel like I am dragging myself through this horrible life. The pressure of just working and doing what you have to do is so much trouble.

Hang in there.

Vicki
  4. IowaMorningGlory

IowaMorningGlory New Member

The stress from not only being at my job, but trying to spread my self to thin at home was making my FM worse, daily it seemed.

I was in healthcare, a salaried job. Best I had ever had, and it was probably my downfall!!

My kids are so much happier with me home and now I can take care of me and them. Does that make sense? I thought I was before, but really I wasn't. I would come home and fall asleep by six at night. They get home at four, so not much quality time there.

Do what is best for you, you only live life once and you have to make the best of it.

Yes, we are financially strapped...but you can make it. Weigh the pros and cons and see what you come up with.

Take care and Blessed Be,
    Laurie :)
  5. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

Hi princess,

Wow, I know how you feel about just giving up. I had to give up my job and I don't have a husband to help me out.

Like someone else stated; you only live once so you must do what you think is best for you. If possible, you might need to take 6 months from work and get some rest. This might help you and save your job at the same time.

I wish you luck in whatever you decided to do. Just make sure you think about it and don't just "jump".

Take care,
    BlueSky555