I made a heated sock...but

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sunflowergirl, Aug 31, 2012.

1. sunflowergirl

sunflowergirl Well-Known Member

this time I used a l pound bag of lentils and an old dress sock of my husband instead of rice. Big difference......it's got this soft feel to it. I also sewed on velcro on both ends so I could fix it around my neck. Hope the lentils hold up for me. I've tried beans.....ugh.....smelly!
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

We all appreciate all the help we can get. What I like about my rice sock is that the heat feels like moist heat which is better than dry heat. Let us know how the lentils work out.

Love, Mikie
  3. sunflowergirl

It's hard to explain but the sock just feels softer. I think that's because they're small and kinda flat as opposed to a harder rice. This one is smaller.....to fit snugly around my neck and velcroe closed. I have all types of "rice" things I've made. When I die and my family opens my "comfort" drawer to clean things out they're going to be amazed at all my stash! LOL
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

In my freezer are two of those neck rings like you wear on the plane with a very soft cover. They can be frozen or nuked. They are wonderful! I still have my rice sock, though. Will try the lentils.

Love, Mikie
  5. sunflowergirl

I have 3 of those freezer things for knees.....they work great for around the neck with a cut off knee hi over them. I also have a large freezer pad and made a covering for it with velcro to attach to my bra straps to hang on my shoulders. Also 4 of those freezer things that get covered with a regular knee hi. Plus 4 frozen bottles of water for my neck or head.

I have a refrigerator repair man coming on tuesday to check out what's wrong with my fairly new frig. It freezes lettuce or other veggies if they get pushed in the back. Wait until he open the freezer drawer and sees what I got in there!

Those lentils feel like the little plastic beads that some of the comfort packs have.

6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm picturing your feezer. We do have to laugh at ourselves sometimes. We cope with what we have or can make.

Love, Mikie