I made it at FFC

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by namow, Jun 8, 2006.

1. namow

namow New Member

I finally had my first app. at FFC. As you know I was petrified of the blood test but I was fine, a little anxious but that's it. THen I had the IV...yuck! that corn thingy, I think my husband is sick of smelling it too LOL

I had a good experience in general, we'll see the results etc.

I want to thank all of you who gave me encouragement and support before going through this!!!
  2. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

Yeah!:)

Claudia
  3. pumpkinpatch

pumpkinpatch New Member

I also smelled and tasted like cream corn after that IV. To top it off I had to take a flight out after my FFC appointment. Boy was I nauseated on the plane. I'm sure the guy beside me could smell that corn.

Glad you made it through the blood test. It's not so bad. I just talked the whole time with the Quest nurse.

Cindy
  4. Hootie1

Hootie1 New Member

I never get that "corning smelling stuff" in the IV- I always tell her to omit it. She's fine to do that.
  5. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

You made it! The next three weeks should go by quickly. Hopefully you will start to get some answers and be on the road to recovery. Keep us posted on your progress! Lynn
  6. namow

namow New Member

For your responses!

Today I feel very nauseated, I can taste that corn thing, it is nasty!!!!!!!!
    I'm not sure what is in it but wow, it is strong, I think my husband is avoiding me mmmmmmm!!!
  7. intrigue

intrigue New Member

Glad you made it through all right.

Congrats on starting your road to recovery! Keep us posted!

8. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

the corn thing should be gone by tomorrow. i did the Iv's every week for about 4 months. in the beginning I felt bad the day of and the day after. Pretty soon it was just the day of. Then it was the day of but not as bad. I learned to schedule my Iv's at the end of the day and just go home and get in the bed. The feeling bad is the nasties dying off and that is a good thing! Lynn
  9. namow

namow New Member

It has been a nasty day today, like you say, I hope all this is getting rid of toxins.
    I'm going to think about doing the same with my IV's so is not so hard!

Thank you!!!!