I made my move

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by footballmom, Mar 21, 2007.

1. footballmom

footballmom New Member

I've was off of work on Monday, drug myself in for 4 hours on Tuesday and I'm off today. I called my Rheumy for an appointment to discus STD. Right now the earliest I can get in is my regular appointment on April 19th. The nurse is going to try to squeeze me in sooner. I just can't do it anymore. I have got to try and get my health back and workign in a stressful position is not helping me. Please pray that I've done the right thing.

Tess
  2. footballmom

footballmom New Member

I was on STD before. I just returned at the end of January and I only went beck because my boss called me everyday asking when I was returning. I felt so guilty not working. Then when I did return it was supposed to be for 4 hrs a day and work myself back to full tiem. That worked for 1 week. They just kept piling stuff on my desk and I told my doctor that I had to return full time. Now I'm paying the price. I feel awful. Again my boss has called me at least a half a dozen times since Monday. I can't stand it anymore.

I can use my FMLA and also collect STD. They run concurrent with each other. LTD starts after 5 months.
  3. raspberrykisses

raspberrykisses New Member

I sure hope it all works out hun. I wish I could quit work but there is this part of me that's afraid I will do nothing but sleep if I quit.
  4. footballmom

footballmom New Member

I don't want to quit.....I just don't know how to keep going.
  5. footballmom

footballmom New Member

I feel so guilty, like I'm lettign everyone down. I've never been able to put myself first. This is all new for me.....plus I have bills to pay and college loans for my kids...ughhhh
  6. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

My prayers are with you.

I had to quit work last August and I really hated to. Work was the one place I could forget about pain for a little while.

Take care many here know what you are going through.
  7. Ginner

Ginner New Member

Hi Tess
    I thought I would share a bit of what happened in my case..fms / mps...fmla / std, that may relate to your situation.
    First of all, 2 yrs previously to my story I had fallen..fms..dd...contributed ( balance) and had
    broken my shoulder. I did receive STD then.

My shoulder was a bit better but my fms of 10 yrs, reared its head AND my neck and all over pain was excruciating. My 90 days were up and I went back to work, I took my breaks, naps in car, all to take care of myself at work, but it didn't matter, it was physical over mental, it had me..I was d.o.n.e !

I made an appt. with my pcp. She put me on an FMLA.
    I didn't ask/apply for STD with my employer.
    A couple of weeks later I applied (myself, no legal help )for STD and was denied.
    Since then, I reigned, well-choices given "resign on good terms"or miss one more day and"be fired."
    I have since applied for SSDI AND I have gone back and applied with my insurance from work for STD/LTD because 'actually' I should have had STD and then I could have had it turn right into LTD. grrr I really thought they liked me at work! I loved my job!
    Thank you for allowing to turn this into me...lol..
    I do know Tess,we all do and I am so lucky to have Ron because I have no bucks. AND I was a shopper when my bod allowed me.
    Ginner