I met Dr. Guyer at the conf.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dvdav2000, Jan 14, 2007.

1. dvdav2000

dvdav2000 New Member

Hi All,
    There were some people posting that they have seen Dr. Guyer recently. I can share what I talked to him about if it goes with your topic. Let me know. He was very approachable.
    I plan to go to Indiana to see him. I am still working on some out-of-network ins. issues, that are all good...

Lisa ???, others ???

Dave
  2. spacee

spacee Member

I wrote you on the end of my thread that it is midnight here and I gotta go to bed. And my sis is here and has planned tomorrow out so I probably won't be on til tomorrow night.

Can't wait to hear your thoughts and very happy you and Dr. Guyer got together!! Wonderful!!

Spacee

PS. You must be a night owl!
  3. ikumdo

ikumdo New Member

Dear Lisa, you have no idea how much you have helped me with this post. I currently live in South Korea. Went to grad school here and currently working. At the end of this year I'm leaving and moving back home. I was born in Chicago and grew up in Indiana. My sisters all currently live in Indianapolis. I have been worried about what I'm going to do as far as a doc is concearned because my doc here is so amazing. So, this info helps alot. Thank you so much.

4. dvdav2000

dvdav2000 New Member

Hi Lisa,
    I met with Dr. Guyer for about 4-5 minutes in between conference sessions. I got a quick overview on how he operates, nothing more.

Dave
  5. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

I'm glad to hear that you're considering seeing him. He really is terrific. I feel so lucky (especially since I started reading this board!) to have found him.....
  6. dvdav2000

dvdav2000 New Member

Lets say you have HHV-6, or any one of the viral nasties:
    I hear Dr. G may do the following depending on the situation.

IPT
    Insulin, Potentiation, Therapy is where you put in an IV and bring the blood sugar ( glucose ) down via the IV ( like the patient being groggy to unconcious ) to a point where you can introduce the meds. ( in this case Acyclovir ) in such a small amount that it does its job immed.( 10 times better than two to eight weeks of oral high doses ) Remember bringing the sugar down creates an instant alkaline environment so you don't have to use as much of the toxic drug to get at it. Get the drug in, and then start to bring up the blood sugar slowly. Patient will slowly come to, and may be a little sweaty, but a great thing has taken place...
    Still waiting to hear some results

dvdav