I MISS MEN

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Marta608, Jul 26, 2006.

1. Marta608

Marta608 Member

I see some posts from men have been bumped and I realize how much I miss men. When I was well I dated a lot, was involved in many community activities and enjoyed the company of men - as well as my women friends. Now that I see only the people I must see - and, of course, I'm 11 years older - most of the people I interact with are women.

Men often seem to have a nicely balanced way of looking at things, at least in my experience, and I miss that.

Anyway, good to read the posts even if they aren't recent.

Marta

2. kholmes

kholmes New Member

I'm not sure about the "nicely balanced way of looking at things," but just wanted to give you a hug.

WAIT! A hug is unmanly.

Never mind; here's one anyway.

Ken
  3. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Thank you, Ken. I needed that.

Now see, Honora, a dog couldn't do that or if he did, I'd be peeling him off my leg.

Marta - up way past her bedtime
  4. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

I think we get a little of both from both sexes. What I do appreciate with male (friends) is a more direct communication, if I suck, they'll tell me! A woman might keep smiling so sweetly, then run and tell whomever what a ***** I am.

Sorry about the language,,,LOL! grew up with 10 uncles and 2 brothers,,, my mouth can get ugly at times,,,

(edited to remove foul or vulgar language per rules)
  5. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Lenasvn, I don't mean for one minute to disparage my good women friends but ....

I miss men.

Marta
  6. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

Martha, I understand. I made bad choices in life and never got to have a true good relation (soul maye if you will). I miss that. I didn't intend to cause un-ease.

many hugs,

Lena
    [This Message was Edited on 07/26/2006]
  7. sascha

sascha Member

maybe that's one reason i like baseball so much--lots of men. i miss men,too.

i checked Match.com, but men my age are looking for women a lot younger, and they mention CAMPING, LONG HIKES, LOOKING FOR SOMEONE FIT, and all that; and here i am with CFIDS.

i'd just like a male companion because that male energy is nice to be around. but let's not give up- sascha
  8. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Is a man??????????

Have I missed something the last few months? (Hi Ken, I thought I saw a pic of a woman in your profile)

I've always had lots and lots of male friends (friends only) since about the second grade.

I miss the men on this board who don't post too often and I miss the one's who do when they're not here.

It's nice to have men who completely understand...although as always, I'm sorry they have to be here too.

Hugs,

Nancy B.
  9. mrpain

mrpain New Member

male here giving a hug..............................
    It's a tender but man-ly hug.....Don't want to cause you a fibro flare..
  10. kholmes

kholmes New Member

Yep; male; last I checked!

I've had photos of a lot of places around the world on my profile, and one a while back of me laying in bed, working on my laptop, with my dog next to me.

But no pictures of women.

Kholmes
  11. JimCoyote1942

JimCoyote1942 New Member

Ladies--especially older ones--if you miss men, here I am lonely in Texas. Hug me!!
  12. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Now I'm really confused.....must have been someone else I guess. Thought it was on one of your "where in the world?" photos.

Why I'm surprised that I'm confused is enough to amaze me for one day.

Sorry about that... oops,

Nancy B.
  13. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

I can totally relate to you i was in a 10 year relationship woth a really great guy.
    He couldnt do enogh for my daughter & i he was charming very loving & very kind.
    Then very very slowly he changed into a very very aggressive & totally possessive guy.
    He knows how ill i am & he enjoyed shouting at me & he liked making me cry.
    I split up with him so many times but eventually i snapped & i dumped him.
    Ive been single now for 13 months & boy do i miss men so much.
    Id love 2 meet a guy who has Me & or fms because we could both relate to each other.
    Does anyone know any guys in england who are single with any dds?
    Fibrolady37
  14. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

you mean men who have been dumped?
    You said bumped?
    I forgot to sayi get on with men really well & i have a lot of male frends.
    They love me because ive never been jealous they all come to me for advice i must be doing something right because they keep coming back.
    Im really lonely id love to get back into dating.
    Take care.
    Fibrolady37.
  15. Fibrolady37

Fibrolady37 New Member

you mean men who have been dumped?
    You said bumped?
    I forgot to sayi get on with men really well & i have a lot of male frends.
    They love me because ive never been jealous they all come to me for advice i must be doing something right because they keep coming back.
    Im really lonely id love to get back into dating.
    Take care.
    Fibrolady37.
  16. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Thank you all for understanding!!!

lenasvn, you caused me not one bit of unease. I agree with you, using all the words.

Nancy(s), I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who misses the guys.

Sasha, yes, that's exactly what I mean. And men want someone younger and healthy, imagine that. lol Male energy is what I miss too.

MrPain, thank you for the lovely hug. Of course you get one back, which is the nice thing about giving hugs.

Honora, you sweet nut, why aren't you a man?

Jim, thank you and one back attcha. We lovers of men would like hearing from you more. Amazing! Someone who wants a woman his own age! If you can tolerate someone who needs a lot of rest you have some great women here.

Fibrolady, I was in a long-term relationship too until he decided he wanted someone younger and healthier. It's a wonder we still want a guy in our lives, I guess, but there you have it, we do.

I think it's the balance I miss - as well as those hugs. I also like having a man to do things for in return. After all, why should we have to be deprived of companionship?? It only makes us feel more isolated and odd than we already do.

BTW, I did not mean to make this into a dating site for CFS/FM but, hey, why not? Oh. No email addresses.... that makes it difficult, doesn't it.

Marta[This Message was Edited on 07/27/2006]
  17. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

I didn't even know we were shooting at them!

Actually, I am blessed with a wonderful wonderful DH and I thank the Lord for him everyday.

I wish all of you a relationship like I have.

Hugzz
    Greenbean

Stop and smell the puppies!
  18. mrpain

mrpain New Member

What a great line! You made my day. Thanks!
  19. Marta608

Marta608 Member

You all made my day.

Have a good one.

Marta
  20. jake123

jake123 New Member

Go to a really nice bar and drink a tall cool one (coca-cola) and do it regularly and you will meet someone to talk to. You don't have to take them home but it is nice to have someone to talk to. Go everyday.
    I eat breakfast every morning at a coffee shop and there is a group of men who meet for coffee I have become acquainted with. We talk back and forth. If I miss a day, I have to explain myself. We talk about the news. They are sweet. The waitresses are friends also.
    It makes you get out and get fixed up and be in contact with people. I'm married so I'm not looking for you know what, I just like to read the newspaper and eat and be with my friends.