I miss seeing your photo in Profiles

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by JimB51, May 24, 2009.

1. JimB51

JimB51 Member

When I was on this board for 3 years I used to like looking up someone's profile to know just a little bit about them and SEE who I was talking to.
    When I'd see someone's name I'd often remember their picture (sometimes their dog(s) too) and felt sort of a connection.
    - Now when I check a profile I just see a picture of flowers or something. .. Not A Person. (Kind of a let down don't you think ?) - I shouldn't talk. During my 3 years on this board I never added my picture.

- When I read a profile I have more understanding about that person and have some things to comment on - (or a friendly tease). :) _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ UPDATE: > I learned how to add photo to Profile - so I did.------------------------------------- ! - Jim
    [This Message was Edited on 05/26/2009]
  2. FMsaddenedspirit

FMsaddenedspirit New Member

hi Jim..

Just wanted to let you know your Picture is a flower also. LOL.. I think mine is my grandbaby Audree

Ya I like to check profiles also... I have removed some stuff from mine as you can view this I think without being logged in as a member on this new board.

I just loaded some pictures on line that I will be able to acess now. so may go in and change mine again... I like to change it LOL....

speaking of dogs., I think I had my dog Pic on my profile for awhile. I have a Pug named Chato Bear . ( Chato means smashed in spanish )

Anyway .. take care. look forward to chating

Sof Huggles. :)
  3. sweetbeatlvr

sweetbeatlvr New Member

my computer crashed and i lost all the photos of myself, but was able to salvage some pics i have taken, so i just use those.

i think alot of people don't do it for privacy reasons.
  4. JimB51

JimB51 Member

Hey! I just saw your dog in your profile page.
    You mean I could have posted my pic without having to give a website page to find it?
    How did you post it?
  5. pearls

pearls New Member

Privacy. That's my reason. I've said things about my former place of work. I've talked about very personal issues. I've complained about my near and dear ones. Also, do I really want the whole world to know my medical history? Heck, no!

I wish I could feel free to share my photo, but I won't do it if I also am sharing these other aspects of my life. Sorry.

-Pearl S.
  6. JimB51

JimB51 Member

I totally understand. I read your profile. I hope you get some relief from all that pain.
    .. Jim
  7. FMsaddenedspirit

Hi and good morning :)

Ya you just go into your profile. you need to be logged in to do it.,. or just click on your name and that will bring you to your profile . click view profile... then under the picture it will give an opt to change the pic.. you can boruse your files on your computer . I have mine stored in my pictures. .. check it out . its easy once you see the button and know where to find your pic's at.. remember people can view your profile without being logged in as a member .. the pic I have of the pug puppy is one I found on line.. mind you he looked just like it. How could you not love that face. and he snores to boot. LOL.. just like Mommy ( me )

have Fun... Sprit .
  8. FMsaddenedspirit

Hey Jim ,
    I noticed you loaded your picture... looks like a CD cover. is it ? just wondering like our fellow friend chating , sorry my brain has gone foggy can't remember the user name sorry :(

I just loaded a Kodak program so I could get some of my pic's on the computer. have not played with it yet though. I kinda wish you really had to log in to view our profile .. but hey . its ok.. just have to remember anybody can view any info you put out there on line right.

Hoping today is one of your better days...

9. JimB51

JimB51 Member

No, I was never a singer. I photographed concerts for singers and for an entertainment corp.
    I got to know a lot of singers. Kenny Chesney,Wade Hayes,many others . Especially the Dixie Chicks (before they they got so wild and crazy! (They were fun to be with anyway).
    - I haven't listened to music for years now. (I didn't listen to any of them much back then either.
    I just enjoyed doing their concerts and hanging out with them afterwards. They were all nice people so it was fun.
    - Thanks for writing, Jim
  10. JimB51

JimB51 Member

No, not a CD cover. Just a picture I found on a web site. I was looking for a pic of me to post 'cause all my pics are in storage. - Jim
  11. JimB51

JimB51 Member

I saw your thumbnail picture in your profile (very nice) .. but when I clicked the "about me" part under your Pictue your picture didn't become enlarged. (It wasn't even there). - When you click to read "about me"in MY Profile .. does my picture enlarge? - Just wondering 'cause when I click it - it's enlarged. - hmmm! - ??? - Jim

12. greatgran

greatgran Member

I can't figure out how to add a picture, I tried to follow instructions but can't change a thing.

Jim, if you ever figure it out let me know, I too enjoy seeing pictures of those on the board.

13. JimB51

JimB51 Member

"FMSaddenendspirit"is on this thread. -She explains how to post your picture. I did get mine posted. - In my case I COULDN'T GET IT OUT OF "MY PICTURES" FILE when I browsed. - but I found another way. I took it off a web site and placed it on my own home page screen. THEN I was able to retrieve it when I browsed .(sounds confusing I guess). Anyway,Fibromikster(Mickey) might be able to help . (she's on this thread too).
    If they can't help, try clicking ."contact us"
    Don't give up. -Jim
    [This Message was Edited on 05/27/2009]