I Miss.......

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lynn3811, Jul 22, 2008.

1. lynn3811

lynn3811 New Member

2. Pansygirl

Pansygirl New Member

I Miss me too! I have to learn to like the new me but it's so hard to do. :) Some days I'm better at it than others.

Gentle hugs, Susan
  3. lrning2cope

lrning2cope New Member

Being an outdoors person. Gardening , hiking , tennis , basketball , volleyball , camping , bowling , walking for more than 1/2 block , going to the zoo...fair...nature centers...flea markets... farmers markets....other outdoor or any active stuff.Reading the newspapers without having to hold my arms up with pillows , just tons of stuff................

How do we re-invent our lives ? Does anyone have a formula to follow ?

4. Pansygirl

Pansygirl New Member

to look at what ever positives I might have in my life that day.

I also miss sewing so some days that are better I will maybe sew for 5-10 minutes and that helps some to do something I enjoy.

It's day by day for me.
  5. jaba520

jaba520 New Member

I miss the me who could do all the things mentioned above without grabbing my back and hip and griping about the pain. I think my kids and hubby miss that too.....
  6. Honora88

Honora88 Member

I miss chinese greasy food
  7. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

Just being generally happy. Even with all of the hardships I've been through (like we all have)I could honestly say I have been a pretty happy person. I could find happiness in the simplest, smallest things...a peaceful happiness if you will.

I do know I'll get there again, this has just been one hell of a year. Today is just not a good day, so I almost feel badly for even posting, because I really like to be positive, especially for others.

My heart feels heavy. My body feels heavy. The thing that scares me is I know there are many more hard days coming in life (not even Fibro related), much much harder days, losing parents etc., so I am really trying to put things in perspective and remind myself that at least today I still have my loves.
  8. JoFMS

JoFMS New Member

I'm not going to post what I miss as it upsets me and sometimes brings me to tears but you're right I miss everything about 'me' is spot on! In fact I'm in tears writing this. :-(

I hear what you are saying, I was only going through the things I used to enjoy last night to my husband.

Damn it - I want my life back no matter what it takes, I'm reaching 30 next yr and I've had this since 23yrs, I haven't even begun my life and don't think I can unless I get better - I cant settle for 'coping', I've tried that for yrs, we have to recover. One day we will find an answer

Hugs to all xxx
  9. fibromickster

fibromickster New Member

I miss playing Softball. Before this DD a few years ago, I played on 3 teams and coached my daughter's fast pitch team.

That was my one hobby I absolutely loved and it kept my body in shape. Now I can't play at all or even coach. However, at least I can still work for now, and walk my dog and swim. So at least I have that to be thankful for.

I have been very fotunate that my DD hasn't gotten as bad as some of the people on this site and I pray everyday for them that they get better. Love you all!!!