I missed Easter

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Greenbean7, Apr 17, 2006.

1. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

I am so bummed that I missed Easter! I missed it completely!

I had invited my MOL, Mom, both daughters and SOL for Easter dinner. I bought a big ham and planned to get everything else on Saturday when I took my MOL to the store.

I woke up at midnight Friday night with a horrible migraine. I took Imitrex and tried to go back to sleep. Got up and paced, laid down and cried, got up and paced. I kept trying to beat it until 4:15 when I woke my DH to take me to the ER.

BP was sky high and they gave me a shot of demoral and phenegrin, and then another of dilaudid. Went home to bed and woke up around 6 pm on Saturday. Still had the headache and DH said to take more Imetrix and go back to bed. I did.

I woke up on Sunday to hear him calling the kids and Mom to tell them dinner was off because I was still too sick for company. I just lay in bed and cried.

I haven't had to have a shot for a migraine in nearly 6 years. Now I've had two in the past 3 weeks. I just hate this!

I still hurt today, but am at work to get peoples checks sent in for their IRA contributions for 2005. This is the last day.

So I missed another holiday I could have spent with my family. I've missed birthdays, New Years, Christmas, Thanksgiving, and now Easter.

I know it doesn't make sense, but if I have to get a shot I feel like the migraine won. Like I lost control and couldn't beat it.

I feel really broken and don't see any way to get repaired.

Hugzz
    Greenbean
  2. Jana1

Jana1 New Member

I feel bad for you...cause it is so unfair and unpredictable, these horrible illnesses.

Jana
  3. srh

srh New Member

So sorry you were feeling so bad. Just think of the mess you didn't have to clean up though!!!!!!!!!!

Hugs and feel better soon.
  4. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

That is so sad Greenbean!

I missed Thanksgiving this past year. I woke up with a migraine and in a major flare. We ended up postponing and had Thanksgiving on Friday instead. Surprisingly I felt ok by Friday. And, at least for Thanksgiving, it worked out fine to have it a day late. Everyone understood.

Could you celebrate Easter next weekend? I know it's not the same, but you could still have a get-together next Sunday.

I know what you mean about migraines getting you so down. When I have one, I feel awful physically as well as emotionally. They just beat you down.

I hope you feel better soon. It WILL get better. Then it will get crummy, then it will get better..... I hope better comes soon for you.
  5. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

Hi Greennbean,
    I'm so sorry about Easter. It is a big family day with us too. I always hate so much if I have to miss it.
    I've never heard anyone else express the same thing I feel about migraines. If I can't beat it, then I've somehow lost control. It's a scary thought to not have control of your life.
    You are a real trooper to go in to work today. I hope you can relax later. You likely need that more than anything. Perhaps the stress of having the dinner started the headache.
    A belated Happy Easter.
    Kathy.
  6. caperkat

caperkat New Member

I'm so sorry you missed Easter due to this DD. I think the reason for Easter didn't miss you. I like to think of the days & weeks following Easter as part of it.

kat
  7. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

Thank you all.

I'm scared to plan dinner again next weekend in case it happens again. I hate living like this, always afraid.

I don't plan very many things any more, not like I used to. I just don't have the energy.

My husband talks about going to the Smithsonian someday and I can't even imagine walking around and standing up long enough to see any thing. Fortunately since he doesn't like to travel I probably won't have to face that hurdle.

I'm really just so down today. Not like me at all.

Then I went to sit by the park at lunch and left my lights on and killed the battery. I had to call my DH to come jump the car and he wasn't happy about that. So the day has been awful.

Thanks for listening. You guys are the only ones who seem to understand.

Hugzz
    Greenbean
  8. ChungieDolor

ChungieDolor New Member

Hi Greenbean,

I was bedridden myself, and heard my Mom was not well also. My husband made it to his family get together at the park. It is their tradition to do this every year, rain or shine. and it was beautiful in Az. I figured why ruin his day.

I forgot to pick up my Effexor refill on Saturday since we helped my Sister fix a room up for my Moms new caregiver. My husband and I picked up some furniture from my moms house as well. Sis made a meatloaf dinner, so that was sort of my Easter celebration. I also helped her with the laundry, dinner, and putting together a twin bed. My husband did most of it. We are also refi our house, and I have been doing this and that for the appraisal.

My husband went to the pharmacy on Sunday and it was closed. Keep telling myself to switch to a 24 hour, but this phramacy is in a grocery store gives more discounts since we have been with them for awhile. We also get discount coupons for milk and food.

So to make a long story short, I was suffering from withdrawals. Called a Pharmacist, and the Doc on call. He called the PHarmacy for 2 pills. My husband picked up the refill today.

That was stupid on my part. Also felt depressed since this will be the first Easter without my Dad here. On the 29th will be his birthday in addition to my Husbands.

Aside from the withdrawal, I wanted to help my sister, since she does a lot for my mom.

We can only hope and pray for a better one next year!

Sincerely
    Chungiedolor

P.S. I can relate to the broken and can not be repaired with all the things happening to my body! Wishing you and everyone else better days!!!
  9. libra55

libra55 New Member

I missed Christmas one year. I had a vertigo attack and couldn't even take my head off the pillow. I was so upset.

My husband opened gifts with the kids while I slept the whole day, the next day I got a scrip for some meclizine. We had Christmas dinner two days late. I felt guilty. But what can ya do?

Don't feel bad.

Michelle
  10. jake123

jake123 New Member

I know just what you mean when you say you feel like the migraine won! It's like you have to give up and go in with your hands up.
    Sometimes I feel like I should have taken my meds more diligently, rested more, gone home from work and straight to bed, etc. - something I could have done - but you and I both know that the brain has a mind of its own sometimes.
    I have been advised by my neurologist to see a biofeedback doctor this summer and I intend to. When I go to the ER, part of it is that I begin to panic that the pain is overtaking me.