I NEED A DIET

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by wickett, Sep 30, 2005.

1. wickett

wickett New Member

WHERE CAN I GO TO FIND OUT WHAT I SHOULD BE EATING? SHOULD I EAT SOME THINGS IN ABUNDANCE & OTHER FOODS TO AVOID? I AM SURE I SEEN A POST ON HERE TO MAKE CONTACT WITH SOMEONE.
    THANK YOU !
  2. Nancy2189

Nancy2189 New Member

Hi, well here's the diet my own personal doctor uses and has printed it out for all his patients.

I can have beef (red meat) once a week; the rest of the time must be chicken, turkey or fish.
    I can have a dessert once a week; thats all.
    The rest of the food must be vegetables and fruits. Rice should be brown rice. Bread (limited) should be whole wheat or rye. No pop, no candies, etc.
    Actually its not a hard diet to follow. Oh, one other thing; NO fried foods. They must be baked, boiled or broiled (like on a grill).

Nancy
  3. matn

matn New Member

I had no choice but to drasically change what I eat and drink. Please visit my profile for more details. The diet automatically makes you lose weight. No processed foods, sugar, artificial ingredients, MSG, gluten, dairy, soy and conforms to the Eat Right for Your Blood Type diet. It is also anti-yeast. No drugs, supplements or vitamins either. Eventually there is no reason to visit a physician.

Good luck!
  4. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Fibro patients sometimes respond well to more protien type of diets.

You can modify to make one work for you. Cutting out sugar and flour seems to make some of us feel better and give a little more energy. Some, it doesn't help.

Whole grains, brown rice, lean meats, fish, and fruits work well. When I follow it, and don't sneak in alot of 'no-no's, I find myself losing weight and feeling better. Drink lots of water!

Of course you are not going to want to live without having any goodies, so use them sparingly and endulge yourself from time to time. No eating plan will work without some flexibility.

I hope this helps some!

Kim
    [This Message was Edited on 10/01/2005]