I need a doctor to help play traffic cop

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by swimmer71, Mar 18, 2006.

  1. swimmer71

    swimmer71 New Member

    I am a bit overwhelemed by everything at the moment and am trying to take it all in gradually.

    Yet, I would love to know what kind of doctors people go to who understand what is going on and who can oversee the different groups of specialists that we should go see.

    I had a rude awakening this week when my neurologist, who I was seeing for what was my initial primary complaint, my headaches, threw his hands up in the air and told me to take Alieve for my leg pain. I would like to get a licodeine shot, but where do I go for that?

    My feet are hurting, so I want to see a podiatrist, but what if he tells me he can't help me?

    This is very frustrating. I would go to the FFC but I don't have the money and insurance won't cover it. If it was a one time thing, great, but, otherwise, it is too much.

    The guai protocol sounds helpful, but even with that I would want a doctor that cares in order to oversee me on it.

    Any advice would be helpful.

  2. Cromwell

    Cromwell New Member

    Those neuros they don't seem to get the fact that just because you see them for one thing it does not mean you cannot have another. They seem like that ALL of them except one great one in Seattle Dr Glass the most wonderful man ever. Think he does just kids though.

    I would see a rheumy and try and get one who knows how the FM pains can travel about. Or a duel natro and MD. I just found one I am transferring to as I want someone who understands both western and eastern meds and treatments.

    Love Anne C

[ advertisement ]