I need a favor from a moderator please

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ckball, Dec 8, 2007.

1. ckball

ckball New Member

I just wrote a very long post and lost it but that is not why I need your help.

I have become a part of a National foundation called the Damon and Stella Foundation for Mental Health.

It was founded by the family survivors of suicide. Their goals are to change the way the country and health care system views and treats, depression, Bi-Polar disorder, mental illness and people with disabilities.

I have been a volunteer in my area to collect art that will be sold at a Black Tie Gala in Knoxville TN in March 2008. I first learned about the foundation last year while I was a extra in the We Are Marshall movie, I told the lady doing my hair that I was a stained glass artist and she told me about the foundation.

I met Phillip Ivey who's son committed suicide on Jan 2, 2006 and the day I met him was Apr 18, 2006, that was his son's birthday, he would have been 23.

After talking to him, I knew I had to do more and did, I brought the art community in my area together to donate art for the auction which will be a star packed event. Mr Ivey is a very well know hair/makeup, art direction and art production person in Hollywood.

Randy Travis is his one of his best friends and is our national spokesperson. He has filmed 3 Public Service Announcements that can be viewed here http://www.thedasfoundation.org/

This week I received a call from Mr Ivey, known as Mr. P., they have asked me be to be on the Board of Directors. I am the only regular everyday person on the board, everyone else is well know in the film/tv and health care industries.

God put me in the right place at the right time. I am very honored that they have entrusted me with this position. My point to all this is I want to partner with Prohealth to post this information on all the sites.

We have the same goals, to support, educate and change the way this country and health care systems treats those of us that suffer from depression, Bi-Polar and other mental and physical disabilities

I am not soliciting funds, I know most here can not afford to donate.

However, part of their fundraising is going to be a on-line gift shop where artists all over the country can post their work for sell. When it sells, they are notified and they ship it themselves. They will pay a 20% commission to the foundation and that is it.

I know we have a lot of talented people here and I would love to see their work viewed by millions of people that they would not normally have access to.

The other thing they want is people's stories of how they have been ignored, pushed aside by our current health care systems.

They want success stories of those that have survived, overcame and carry on.

They want stories from the caretakers, family members that feel helpless and hopeless because they don't understand or have no help to offer the ones who suffer.

One of our Directors is a Harvard Law Grad and will be a lobbyist in Washington and we will one day sit in front of Congress with these stories to have the laws and the health care systems changed.

So please visit the website, we are a non-profit and have no ad's or selling anything. Once you see what we are doing is the real deal, please pass this on to someone who can help me share this with everyone that posts on all the boards.

The last thing I want is to get banned, I am here to help and support people who feel they don't have a voice. That is my favor, can you please help me? I sent this to the marketing dept but they did not return my email.

So I am trying here to see how I can get threw to the powers that be so see how we can help each other. Thank you- Carla Ball
    [This Message was Edited on 12/09/2007]
  2. victoria

victoria New Member

maybe if I hit the 'alert us' button, it will get somebody's attention?

Don't know if that's good or bad tho in terms of who you get to look it over?

just over-thinking things here on a Saturday night, lolol...

3. ckball

ckball New Member

yeah it may work but it may be busy on the FM board, I don't go there to much anymore. Seems there is alwasy somthing going on. What I need is Rich's email-anyone have that? Someone will be along soon..I hope- Carla
  4. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Have you tried the 'contact us' link at the bottom of the page?

I've been waiting for an update on your project for ages and I'm so happy to hear what's going on.

Best of luck to you,

5. ckball

ckball New Member

thank you so much. I may hit the "alert" button myself but will give them time to see it first. I know they have a lot to do and it is on their own time-Carla
  6. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Send an e-mail to ForumSupport@ProHealth.com or TechSupport@ProHealth.com. Or click on the link at the bottom of the page. I do believe if you hit the alert button, it gives you a chance to e-mail them as well.

Love, Mikie

7. ckball

ckball New Member

Victoria, Nancy and Mikie. I have emailed them before but I got no response so I tried this.

I did email them again this morning so we will see. Anyone else please feel free to express your point of view about this- Carla
  8. ckball

ckball New Member

Yes, I know your story and it would be great for you to share that. I have always enjoyed your posts.

I ALREADY HAVE emailed to PH last week and no response, so that is why I posted this. I did email again this morning.

I am not looking for fiancial support, I just want people to be aware that there is help on the way and to share this with everyone.

So go to the site and submit your story, you may mention my name when you do-Thanks-Carla