I need a friend

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by andnat, Apr 8, 2006.

1. andnat

andnat New Member

This is my first time here. I found this site searching for support. I have had CF for 4 years now. and I feel so alone and fustrated, no one in my life understands most try and act like nothening is wrong with me, no one even asks how Iam any more cause their tired of hearing how tired I am. I have had to quit my job and just stay home all the time I have no one to talk to that can even begin to understand. Iam not looking for sympathy just someone who can maybe offer me some type of encourage to help me with this. My emotions tend to get the best of me sometimes I try to be strong but right now I feel so weak. Is there a friend out there who can help.
  2. SherrieTeacup

SherrieTeacup New Member

andnat,
    I would be more then glad to be you friend and to exchange emails. I know how you feel i have CFIDS & Fibromyliga and other things. And you will find alot or people on here that will help you. I move in the middle of my dd and i don't have any friend either.
    Sherrie a Friend
  3. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

This is a very friendly supporting board. People here are more like family, or how many of us wished our families were like!!! Although I have a good family, and a great DH.

It is very lonely indeed having this DD. People do tire of us being ill and the majority think it is all in our heads or we are being babies. IF only they knew the pain and suffering.

However, we all do here, and there is always someone who will talk with you, so welcome.

I will give you two tips. This board moves fast, so you may have to bump your post forward. Also, use short paragraphs as some here have a hard time reading longer ones.

We all have these days when our DD gets the better of our natures, that it makes us feel weak and lost. In fact the mere fact we are coping at all makes us very strong people.

So pat yourself on the back(if it does not hurt too much!)(LOL) and congratulate yourself for being a strong person.

I hope you have posted a bio as it is always helpful. I will check and see.

There are people here from around the world too. Many in medical careers etc, so this site is a goldmine of help and information as well as a few laughs and jokes.

We are all on different protocols for the DD and all accept one another's choices. Some people here rely heavly on meds, others OTC meds, others herbs, others diet alone. So always good advice from many quarters.

Love Anne C
  4. kellyann

kellyann New Member

And I need all the friends I can get, haha! I never tried that chat room, is it easy? I like this board because everyone here knows what it is like to be sick and tired all the time.
    Take Care!
    Kellyann
  5. mlrarr

mlrarr New Member

I have come to believe that unless you have this dd no one can know how you feel. There's just no way they can. I just found this place also about a month ago and just love it. I thought I had something life threating. Now I know its not but sure do think it on some days.
    Anyway welcome!!
    And you know what somedays we need sympathy and when we are having one of those days post. Everyone here truly understands and tries to help.
    Nice to meet you...

Take care
    Melinda
  6. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

to the friendliest board that I've ever seen.Linda